Need a link please?

VerizonUser

Reaction score
I went to get my upgrade to a Droid X phone and the retards at my local verizon store told me i have to wait until my upgrade is up, can you guys give me the link to the verizon wireless(official website) page where it says about the early upgrade to a droid phone? i need to take it to the store so i dont have to wait.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
You can only Upgrade early if your contract is up between now and December. If after that you will have to wait. My question to you is when is yours up?

OP
VerizonUser

VerizonUser

Reaction score
You can only Upgrade early if your contract is up between now and December. If after that you will have to wait. My question to you is when is yours up?

December 18th they told me i have to wait till September! even if i wasnt upgrading to a smartphone i would only have to wait till next month!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

December 18th they told me i have to wait till September! even if i wasnt upgrading to a smartphone i would only have to wait till next month!

Verizon Announces Special Early Upgrade Policy For Motorola Droid X [Droid X Launch Prompts Special Upgrade Policy, If Your Contract Ends In 2010 You Can Upgrade To Any Verizon Smartphone Now] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

Humpa

Reaction score
I went to get my upgrade to a Droid X phone and the retards at my local verizon store told me i have to wait until my upgrade is up, can you guys give me the link to the verizon wireless(official website) page where it says about the early upgrade to a droid phone? i need to take it to the store so i dont have to wait.
Is your 12 month early upgrade option up in Dec or is your contract up in Dec? If it is your upgrade option, then it doesn't apply. Your contract has to be up. But try calling 611 - they'll often do something if they can, and if you are persistent and nice.

OP
VerizonUser

VerizonUser

Reaction score
Is your 12 month early upgrade option up in Dec or is your contract up in Dec? If it is your upgrade option, then it doesn't apply. Your contract has to be up. But try calling 611 - they'll often do something if they can, and if you are persistent and nice.

2 year contract is up in december, verizon allows people to go 4 months early which would mean august

Humpa

Reaction score

2 year contract is up in december, verizon allows people to go 4 months early which would mean august
I'm interested in their response to their promotion then, since you appear to fit the bill.
Have you found the press release yet? I don't think that link to nexus404.com is going to do much. ;)

OP
VerizonUser

VerizonUser

Reaction score

I'm interested in their response to their promotion then, since you appear to fit the bill.
Have you found the press release yet? I don't think that link to nexus404.com is going to do much. ;)

The press release page? nope all i have is the nexus404 page if you know the other please do post so i can take it to them.

I dont understand why they would try to turn down my money
yikes.png

Humpa

Reaction score
That nexus404 page says they got the info from the end of a press release - didn't you read that?
I don't know where their press release page is with that info. Did you try googling for it? I don't see a link to it from that nexus404 page either.

OP
VerizonUser

VerizonUser

Reaction score
That nexus404 page says they got the info from the end of a press release - didn't you read that?
I don't know where their press release page is with that info. Did you try googling for it? I don't see a link to it from that nexus404 page either.

Tried googleing it and cant find a legit one, if anyone knows one or knows where that one droidforum member got that screen shot from please let me know! :)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here it is I found it for you...

http://news.vzw.com/news/2010/06/pr2010-06-22.html

Customers can add the optional 3G Mobile Hotspot service to their DROID X for $20 per month. The 3G Mobile Hotspot allows customers to turn the phone into a wireless modem for up to five compatible Wi-Fi devices. In addition, current Verizon Wireless customers who have contracts ending by December 31, 2010, can upgrade to any smartphone, including DROID X, without penalty.

Last edited:

FragDroidX

Reaction score
In addition to what others have stated, you can not currently have a 3G smart phone, your bill must be current, and you can't use a buddy upgrade.

Humpa

Reaction score
In addition to what others have stated, you can not currently have a 3G smart phone, your bill must be current, and you can't use a buddy upgrade.
Plus it is only in four markets?

* Available in Northern California Region, Central Texas, Upstate New York, and Ohio/Pennsylvania
* User can not already have a 3G smartphone
* User will not be eligible for another upgrade for 12 months
* Customers can’t already be eligible for a standard upgrade
* Can’t be combined with other offers
* $29.99+ data plan required
* New 2-year contract must be signed

OP
VerizonUser

VerizonUser

Reaction score
Plus it is only in four markets?

* Available in Northern California Region, Central Texas, Upstate New York, and Ohio/Pennsylvania
* User can not already have a 3G smartphone
* User will not be eligible for another upgrade for 12 months
* Customers can’t already be eligible for a standard upgrade
* Can’t be combined with other offers
* $29.99+ data plan required
* New 2-year contract must be signed
I have an EnV Touch which is not a 3G smartphone
I live in PA(pennsylvania
THEY told me i HAVE to wait for my standard 2 year upgrade
----------------------------------------
As far as you guys are telling me, i fit everything needed to get the phone when i went, unless they are pulling some scheme to charge me for something i dont know about, then they are just turning me away...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Tried googleing it and cant find a legit one, if anyone knows one or knows where that one droidforum member got that screen shot from please let me know! :)

Just call 611....