Need a hand ADB copy of System

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Kaiken, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Kaiken

Kaiken New Member

Have a droid with the screen blacked out. I have it mounted and need a script using ADB to copy the system folder off the droid and on to my computer. Possible I'm sure just don't know the commands. Any help?
  2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Not sure about your ADB thing.... But can you explain your situation more? Why is your screen black? Will it turn on to get the m logo? if not can you even get into the Bootloader?(i know it might be blacked out but youd still see connection on the pc) If you can get into boot loader maybe you could reflash sbf file then see if the firmware is fixed.... Now if you just have a broken screen* like physically broken* then try making a backup through the Recovery manager via sbrecovery or cmod... youd be working blind lol but if you googled the menu then maybe you could hit down a certain amount of times and make the backup....
  3. Kaiken

Kaiken New Member

It's all good. The bro dropped his droid and knocked the backlight to his screen out. He just needed some saved info that was in there. I was able to mount and copy the contents off his sd card. We then figured that under sunlight, we could somewhat make out what was on the screen and got the rest he needed.

Thanks, anyways!
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Can you go into verizon and get a new backlight? ive never seen that happen... Whats the process of getting that repaired? Warrentee?
  5. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

they wont do any phone repairs in the store they send them all out.
    depending if there is noticeable damage to the phone its either going to be a warranty replacement or insurance replacement.

hopefully there is no noticeable damage so he can get a free replacement otherwise its time to pony up the deductible.
Search tags for this page

adb backup

adb turn data off
copy bootloader via adb