1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need a good ROM for my D1

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by JackHerer, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JackHerer

JackHerer New Member

I am currently running stock gingerbread. I started using custom ROMs around the time MIUI came out, started with that, then several versions of project elite. Then most the ROMs switched to gingerbread, tried about 8 different gingerbread ROMs and they all sucked, I wouldn't get messages, had force closes, sometimes apps wouldn't download or install. So What can I use that has a lot of features like project elite, but is stable enough that I can rely on it? I really liked MIUI and I haven't used it since version 11.26.1, has it improved significantly since then?
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

I feel ya about GB ROMs ... had similar issues. I am currently running Simply Stunning 5.2 which has been the best running GB ROM for me by far! ChevyNo1 tweaked the memory management (think that's what its called lol) and I've had no apps shutting down or anything like that.

If you're leaning towards froyo, I recommend Sourcery ... that has GREAT features and was very, very stable for me.

These are just my opinions of course :) As we all know, results may vary from Droid to Droid ...

Sent from my Incinerated DROID
  3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Project Elite.....that's where it's at from what I understand.
  4. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

Froyo- PE 4.2
    GB- SS 5.2
  5. JackHerer

JackHerer New Member

Thanks I will give simply stunning a try, might go back to PE 4.2 if that doesn't work out, that's what I was on for the longest of any ROM, worked pretty well most of the time, and I liked the high speed kernel, my droid runs stable up to 1.1ghz