Need a good rom for friends droid 1

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by rystan11, Jan 19, 2011.

1. rystan11

rystan11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My friend has a d1 running 2.1update1 and I rooted it. It keeps prompting for an update and want throw a rom on for him so it will stop. Figured this is a great place to start. Heard a lot of good about these roms. Any suggestions?

2. jamezelle

jamezelle Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    This rom is Mostly Stable, it has a few bugs here and there but i find it to work good. Of course wait for others to input also with their opinions.

3. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are alot of selections out there..but i would say the best thusfar is the Project Elite 4.2 that just dropped by Actngrezy!! its AMAZING my favorite rom thusfar! blazing fast, extremely stable...all around best period. i suggest at least trying it out for urself to see!

4. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Simply Stunning 4.96 is the best I've tried and I've tried them all.

5. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try the new project elite 4.2! I've been a fan of Chevy's for a long time and give him much credit for S.S! Not trying to steal you from his great work but just give P.E. a go u won't be sorry u flashed it!

Sent from my ELITE Droid using Tapatalk

6. onsht1kll

onsht1kll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried a lot of ROMs but always end up coming back here. Like jamezelle said it has its bugs but most ROMs do .. don't be afraid to go flashing .. see what works best on the device

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. bassmankc

bassmankc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sourcery is another very good rom, fast stable, lots of theme options that anyone can do, hell the rom does it for you!

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

8. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It will kind of depend on how comfortable your friend is with change. Some of these ROMs change the phone a lot (like MIUI) some hardly change the phone at all (Bugless Beast) and the rest are in between.

Since this isn't for you I would say a minimum amount of change might be best, go with Bugless. If you want to add some spice go with Sourcery. If you want to add a lot of spice go with MIUI.

9. rystan11

rystan11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome advice guys. Sorta jealous of droid 1'ers and all the available roms. I got a droid2 and there's not nearly the selection. Although I am happy with my squidlymandingo rom :) appreciate the suggestions - good work! Keep 'em up. Going to install the best ROM for him tonight

10. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since no one else has asked, why doesn't he just unroot, allow the update and root again? But like others have said, I've switched a time or two only to find myself downloading the latest MIUI yet again.

11. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I think Miui is the funnest rom out. Its different than others. Other roms out there are fast and stable but boring. They look the same just different themes. An advantage with Miui you can switch between themes in 5 minutes. I also get better battery life with Miui than other roms. Hek there were times I used to flash three different roms in one day, but now Im hooked on Miui :icon_ banana:

12. rystan11

rystan11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so someone else got to my friends phone before me, and installed the ss4.96 which is incredibly choppy and lags much. But I figured it had to do something w/ his dalvik cache being wiped. The dude installed it through rom manager.
    Edit: I installed it myself and works much better now. Thanks for all the advice!