Need a good reliable ROM

kotarr

Reaction score
need a good reliable rom for my d2g. im kinda new to the droid world.

would like to have themes, and some sort of overclock. anybody want to recommend a good rom?

clouse2013

Reaction score
need a good reliable rom for my d2g. im kinda new to the droid world.

would like to have themes, and some sort of overclock. anybody want to recommend a good rom?

I would reccommend either Angel 0.7.5 located here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...25-rom-release-angelrom-v0-6-2-5-12-11-a.html or the new HeXen rom located here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fenom/154796-rom-release-hexen-rom-1-0-0-froyo-final.html.

Both are great roms. HeXen is extremely stable and its what ive recently switched to. The new version of Angel is also very good. I am having a hard time deciding which i like more. Angel has more themes. I am gonna work on porting some over to HeXen. As for the overclock, get set CPU from the market. imo its the best one.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Another vote for HeXen

I was running Fenom until yesterday, when I flashed the new HeXen, since it was forked from Fenom. So far, finding HeXen to be super fast and stable. I think that'll be your best bet.

I've found no need to overclock.

L0ckett

Reaction score
I've been running Angelrom on my main d2g for a few weeks now and I love it. It's incedibly stable and the only issue I have is my bluetooth isn't working. I flashed heXen on my backup d2g but haven't really had a chance to play around with it yet.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've been running Angelrom on my main d2g for a few weeks now and I love it. It's incedibly stable and the only issue I have is my bluetooth isn't working.

Did you sbf, update to 2.4.330, and then flash? Should fix it if not....

wildbill86

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the hexen rom, I have never tried romming before, so do I really need to sbf before I flash, or nac I just clear data/cache and factory reset, then flash? I also just downloaded the angel rom posted in this forum, whish is most stable, and least buggy, I like my phone to be reliable, but would like to experiment a lil bit too. Also another noob question, these are both d2g roms right, so I don't have to flash that mod to make droid 2 roms work on the global?

Sent from my rooted D2G

Last edited:
OP
K

kotarr

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the hexen rom, I have never tried romming before, so do I really need to sbf before I flash, or nac I just clear data/cache and factory reset, then flash? I also just downloaded the angel rom posted in this forum, whish is most stable, and least buggy, I like my phone to be reliable, but would like to experiment a lil bit too. Also another noob question, these are both d2g roms right, so I don't have to flash that mod to make droid 2 roms work on the global?

Sent from my rooted D2G

so what i did... i downloaded the heXen rom and found the droid 2 bootstrap for free online. just do some googling. then i did a fresh wipe, and clear all cache. then did what the instructions said to on the heXen rom page.
ADVICE----
after you install and everything afterwards, everytime the bootstrapper program will popup after the M screen. just hit reboot device now, and will reboot and go to your homescreen after loading

OP
K

kotarr

Reaction score
I've been running Angelrom on my main d2g for a few weeks now and I love it. It's incedibly stable and the only issue I have is my bluetooth isn't working.

i didnt sbf... im not sure if its the same thing but i just did a fresh wipe of all data and cache with the bootstrapper program

wildbill86

Reaction score
I have had bootstrapper since I rooted, and have kept up to date nandroid backups, I accidentally earased all my contacts one time, it was nice to just be able flash the backup to fix.

Sent from my rooted D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

i didnt sbf... im not sure if its the same thing but i just did a fresh wipe of all data and cache with the bootstrapper program

No, its not the same because sometimes youll have issues (ie BT not working).

wildbill86

Reaction score
Ok, if I sbf back to stock, re-root, bootstrap, flash the rom, and decide it isn't for me, I should still have my nandroid back-up on my sd card and it will bring everything back to the way my phone was, password safe apps, picture safe apps, and all right?

Sent from my rooted D2G

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
Yes, a Nandroid backup will reload your entire system similar to a recovery image on windows.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Thanks, I am now running hexen, and loving it. Some small things I wish were a bid different, but still way better than stock.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
Hexen is a nice rom.
I use fission though for this reason VV
You said you would like themes, go here Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse

Download Fission Rom Manager Lite
There are themes, boot animations, and extra applications you can download from it.
You have to be running fission though.

If you wanted to try fission out, make a nandroid backup of your hexen rom (in case you wanted to go back) then wipe your data/cache/factory reset and install Fission through the Fission rom manager. Once thats installed, you can proceed with the themes/boot animations, ect.

Insidious

Reaction score
MIUI.US is very nice but the stability issues are really annoying. Plus not all of the themes are labeled in american so its hard to read what they're based off of. Once the stability kinks are worked out you should give it a shot!

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)