Need a favor

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mjones1052, Mar 1, 2010.

1. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

If anyone is able to download the new Mixzing and send it to me that would be great. It's a free app so I'm not asking for handouts. Or better yet, if someone knows how to fix my problem. Mixzing was installed in the system folder with a rom I was using. Now obviously it doesn't update. I need the newest version because it's driving me nuts.

If anyone can hook me up my email is mjones1052@gmail.com, just need the .apk pulled using ADB.
  2. barber056

barber056 New Member

mixzing

hey bro like the blue theme but ah have u just went and downloaded the app again from market ? i probably would just do that
  3. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

Yep, forgot to mention that. Every time I do the installation fails. I even went and deleted the folder in data/data and the apk in /system/app. Nothing from Mixzing is on my phone, but the installation fails every time.

And thanks man!
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Hey, I remember you helping me get my custom font. I'll try to help you, but I'm completely new to ADB shell, I'll need some guidance : \
    I'll download Mixzing from the market shortly. After its done and installed, can you give me the exact ADB commands to pull it out of my phone, what directory it will land in?
  5. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

You rock man, thanks :)

just open command prompt and navigate to the android-sdk-windows/tools folder. Once your there type:

adb pull /data/app/com.mixzing.basic c:\users\(yourname)\desktop (or wherever you want)

just change the .apk to .zip and you can mail it. It won't actually take the file off phone, just duplicates it, so remove if you don't use it. I'm hoping someone has ran in to this before and there is a fix for it. It's not really a major deal though, if your not familiar with it don't worry about it, I don't want anything to happen to someone elses phone.
  6. titans

I'm getting the error "remote object '/data/app/com.mixzing.basic' does not exist"
  7. titans

So I found that my app name is actualy Mixzing Lite, so I typed in data/app/com.mixzing lite.basic (insert directory here) and it just loads up the ADB help menu.
  8. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

hmmm, not sure, don't worry about it buddy. Only other thing I can of is making the data partition writable and mounting it, but don't get in to all that.
  9. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

I e-mailed you