Need a Droid

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Droid fir my wife as a suprise gift. The problem is she has a year to go on her contract before we can upgrade so I have to pay full retail for the phone. Does anyone know where I can get one for the best deal?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Droid fir my wife as a suprise gift. The problem is she has a year to go on her contract before we can upgrade so I have to pay full retail for the phone. Does anyone know where I can get one for the best deal?

If the phone is in your name call Verizon. Tell them you are dissatisfied with your current phone and you want to upgrade to a Droid. I did it in one phone call with a year left on my subscription.

Now what they offer you is what you have to take into consideration. If they offer an extended contract and the Droid for 350.00, that's not a good deal. You can get a Droid on eBay for that price. If they offer it for 199.00, I'd and a 1 year extension, then that's your deal.

BTW it may take more then 1 call but it shouldn't take too many. Like I said I did it in 1 call.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yeah I will def give that a try tomorrow. Being that we have been on Verizon for over 10 years then they might hook us up...I hope anyway.

godcomplex

Reaction score
Definitely give them a call, because Verizon has a promo going on. They emailed me telling me that because I currently wasn't using a smart phone w/ data plan that I could upgrade early (little over a year left). I bought the Droid for $199 and got another Droid free replacing my wife's Blackberry.