Need a bit of help

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently got the Droid 3 and love it so far. Coming from a dying and then dead original droid this is quite an improvement.

I have a few things I can't quite figure out however.

1. Can I get rid of some of that bloatware? Maybe take it to the store?
2. Can I link my current contacts to facebook. I could on my old phone but all I can figure out how to do on this one is get every contact from facebook which I don't really want..
3. Is it possible to bind my enter button while writing a text to act as the "send" button?

Last edited:

jpblock82

Reaction score
1: you're stuck with all the bloat until we get rooted... I think maybe some can come off... any one try???
2: did u install facebook app from market? I had no issues with syncing only certain contacts and not all from fb... I DID NOT sync the fb account option built-in to phone, remove that account if u did and use only the classic fb for android app.
3: it sucks, I agree... the last 2 weeks I've been getting used to clicking the right arrow then hitting OK... not what u (or I) want, but life is about change right??? ;P. Maybe an update will come, or when rootable, this will be an option for sure.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Silver Member
Reaction score
for #3, i posted this in another thread already. i'm really surprised that this wasn't a bigger issue with the D2. i raised all hell about it then. lol.

anyway, not hitting enter is a short coming of the blur messaging app. you can install a different messaging app (like the AOSP messaging.apk or handcent) or you can hit the right-arrow, then the ok button.

those are the only work arounds that i know of. i wish someone would fix it.

OP
R

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
idk if the droid 1 had it but it certainly did when rooted. Already missing the joys of root. No bloatware, so much customizeability, blah blah.

I'll prolly install handcent or something.

@jpblock - I did install it and I remember that it asked me if i wanted to sync my current contacts on my old phone but for some reason I can't get it to do that on this phone. I'm not sure what I'm doing different to make that not work.

jpblock82

Reaction score
Okay, so now as I dig deeper into this I'm having issues as well... let me explain. Coming from Droid 1, I was able to edit a contact and hit "Join" and hook that person to their fb account, so to pull there profile pic, etc... this isn't working on my D3. If I go into Accounts, I see my gmail, but no fb account, and when I attempt to add it, it opens the accounts list, and shows 2 facebook options. One is the built-in blur option, the other the fb for android app... clicking this one does nothing, (the screen flashes) but back to the same accounts menu. This has to be a bug. Anyone else getting this result??? I'm gonna keep messing around and will update accordingly.

jpblock82

Reaction score
alrighty then. So I just played some more and found a "fix". I uninstalled the fb for android app. Then added the built-in fb account. This caused all my friends from fb to appear in my contacts list, not what I want. I then went into the "display options" within Contacts and removed the option to display contacts from fb. Sweet... what is also good is now friends profile pics/fb info sync, and if a name is diff on their fb versus my contacts list, I can at least do the "join" option and do it manually. I then reinstalled fb for android app, (since I prefer the interface opposed to built-in social blur thingie) and all is well.

jpblock82

Reaction score
One last thing I wanna nag about. On my D1, I could click a contact. Hit the fb icon, and it would open the fb for android app and take me to their profile. Now, you click the icon, hit view profile, and instead it opens the touch version of fb and it doesn't even take you to that persons profile, but just to your fb home page.. Annoying, very... a fix in the works??? I sure hope so!!

jpblock82

Reaction score
No...mine works perfectly fine and takes me right to their profile

Really???? Strange.. I even factory reset and tried all over again, thinking my restore might have flub a few things, but still no go. It does open fb touch though in the browser correct, or the fb 4 android app???

Silver Member
Reaction score
also opens the touch.fb site for me. it may take you directly to their profile (once you provide your login credentials) but it def takes you to the touch.fb site.

this has been a long outstanding issue with the fb app. inconsistencies between the app and the site and which one is used when.