Need 2.3.20 SBF file. Where to download?

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm sending my Droid 2 back to VZW for exchange. I need to clear the following... Root, Bootstrap and an FM Radio app.

I was told to download and install the 2.3.20 SBF file to the Droid 2 the wipe the memory.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Do I download the FULL SBF from TBH to restore to TOTAL stock 2.3.20 (2.2)?

bossofindy

Reaction score
sbf will wipe ur phone clean u will have no root only apps from market

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Let me ask anyone. I installed the SBF with RDS lite. It flashed it to the phone. But when my phone booted up it still had all my apps and settings. I checked to see if I still had root but I didn't. I'm a little paranoid. I also restored the phone to defaults. Doing all of this, should my phone be unrooted with NO signs of accessing the FS or any mods like root were done?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
boot into recovery and wipe data. You do that by powering off. Power on while holding x. Then hit the search button on your physical keyboard.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Wow didn't know that menu was even there. THANKS!

How about the cache?

Last edited:

Droidee

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I received a D2 today as a replacement for my continuing issues with all my original droids. Miss it though. Anyway, back on track, I would like to know if rooting with z4root is the only thing I have to do to begin loading a new rom and themes. My current system version is 2.2.20. Thanks

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I would wait till you get the 2.3.2 update before flashing roms or reeally messing with the phone. Its already out so you should be getting it soon. I talked with a guy that flashed a 2.3.2 rom on 2.2.2 and ended up having to sbf. But yes you will basically just need z4root to root the phone and also d2 bootstrapper to get in to custom recovery to actually flash the roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droidee

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I did the root with z4 and it was beyond simple which is perfect for me. Now, should I unroot until I get the update? Not sure what to do now. Wow do I miss my D1.