near zero internet connection, even with USB to download.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
At one point today, my phone appeared to just get incredibly slow while checking a website. Didn't think much of it, but since then, it merely crawls.... even slower than a crawl, on any website. Websites and even Play are near stopped. The rest of the phone seems to be working ok, though it's been getting pretty slow lately, but seems anything to download is at a near stand still.

When I go to the Play store on the PC and try to directly download to the phone, it is just as unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The best first suggestion would be to power down your router for a few minutes and after powering back up, tell your phone to forget the connection then restart the phone and reconnect. It's also possible you have some new interference from another device or router.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. For some reason, home wifi was connected with full bars (like everyday) but there was no real connectivity. The part that threw me off was that the two laptops were connected fine.

</stress>

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best first suggestion would be to power down your router for a few minutes and after powering back up, tell your phone to forget the connection then restart the phone and reconnect. It's also possible you have some new interference from another device or router.

That's exactly what I did when I got up this morning. I always find a hole in Verizon's coverage when I'm looking for a place to live. Before getting out of bed I was able to get two little 4G bars and turned off wifi and was able to have the phone work perfectly. Then I knew what had to be done, or at least where to start. Thanks

Just weird how the kids laptop was working fine and I was streaming Netflix as we do so often, and yet the phone got nothing. All good now.