nd-100s support

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by obnesence, Dec 24, 2010.

1. obnesence

obnesence New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My Android 2.2 tablet (generic Chinese no brand modeled after with same specs as the Apad 8) does not have an internal GPS so I bought a nd-100s GPS dongle. Since it is supported in Linux I thought it might be in Android too. No go. What I would like to do is take the Linix C source code for the driver and compile it on the device and see if that fixes the problem.

I would be thankful if someone could point me in the right direction here. I use connectbot to get console access to the device but logging in as root really logs me in as user 10069 who has almost no privileges. How can I gain true root access, install gcc and make if it they aren't there, and build the driver.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. obnesence

obnesence New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got further still need help

Hi all,

I was able to root my Apad 8 clone with z4root and moved over the GPS dongle's driver source code onto the external sd card. The wall I am hitting now is Android, at least this version does not include make make (and probably gcc). Anyone have any ideas about how to get these programs on my tablet? Also I would like to get less, more, lsusb, etc.

Thanks!

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    While what you are trying to do is WAY above my pay grade, I do think I know this much. I don't think Android in itself is set up to compile anything. AFAIK, most everything for Android is compiled on a linux system for Android.

That said, you _might_ be able to use one of the 'compile from source' guides modifying it a bit for your device.

Search tags for this page
android driver nd100s
nd 100s driver
nd 100s gps dongle driver android
nd 100s linux driver
nd-100 gps android drivers

nd-100s android

nd-100s android driver
nd-100s driver
nd100s driver android