1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

nd-100s support

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by obnesence, Dec 24, 2010.

1. obnesence

obnesence New Member

Hi,

My Android 2.2 tablet (generic Chinese no brand modeled after with same specs as the Apad 8) does not have an internal GPS so I bought a nd-100s GPS dongle. Since it is supported in Linux I thought it might be in Android too. No go. What I would like to do is take the Linix C source code for the driver and compile it on the device and see if that fixes the problem.

I would be thankful if someone could point me in the right direction here. I use connectbot to get console access to the device but logging in as root really logs me in as user 10069 who has almost no privileges. How can I gain true root access, install gcc and make if it they aren't there, and build the driver.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
  2. obnesence

obnesence New Member

Got further still need help

Hi all,

I was able to root my Apad 8 clone with z4root and moved over the GPS dongle's driver source code onto the external sd card. The wall I am hitting now is Android, at least this version does not include make make (and probably gcc). Anyone have any ideas about how to get these programs on my tablet? Also I would like to get less, more, lsusb, etc.

Thanks!
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

While what you are trying to do is WAY above my pay grade, I do think I know this much. I don't think Android in itself is set up to compile anything. AFAIK, most everything for Android is compiled on a linux system for Android.

That said, you _might_ be able to use one of the 'compile from source' guides modifying it a bit for your device.
Search tags for this page
android driver nd100s
nd 100s gps dongle driver android
nd 100s linux driver

nd-100s android

nd-100s android driver
nd-100s driver
nd100s driver android