NBC Tv on Droid

techRob

Reaction score
:( ...not many options...tried Quantum Leap....crummy audio, no video...after first "video clip" was done, i had a white screen to boot :( ...i guess i can always create my own :D

and yes, stock phone from the store - not rooted, never once messed with custom roms (almost did, 2-3 days before the 2.1 update was pushed out tho)...

Good lookin' out though :)

mhiller21

Reaction score
I have a stock droid also and I get no sound from the video playing. I feel this must be a simple fix but have tried the obvious things. Any help would be great!

heddle

Reaction score
Sound not working

I am not getting sound either. Any fixes? Can I choose another default video player?

D

dvdcatalyst

No Sound is usually related to the file-format of your file. You might have to convert it to a different format.

There are quite a few threads on this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1260609

edit: sorry, it helps to read the title of the topic better than to just jump in and answer a single post. My mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

heddle

Reaction score
D

dvdcatalyst

You are correct.
I just noticed the no sound and jumped in. My mistake, sorry

Let me write a different answer then.

There are sound issues with certain roms and overclocking in regards of video playback.
You might want to try and clock your Droid back to its original speed, or try a different rom.

heddle

Reaction score
You are correct.
I just noticed the no sound and jumped in. My mistake, sorry

Let me write a different answer then.

There are sound issues with certain roms and overclocking in regards of video playback.
You might want to try and clock your Droid back to its original speed, or try a different rom.

I haven't intentionally overclocked anything, how do I reset it without screwing anything up? Do you have any advice on a good rom?

D

dvdcatalyst

I haven't intentionally overclocked anything, how do I reset it without screwing anything up? Do you have any advice on a good rom?

Sorry, I can't help you there. I dont have a Droid myself. I'm just answering questions in regards of video, and sharing what I have learned from these forums.

In the general discussion area there are some discussions on roms, how to install/modify/reset etc. Trying a few different things with the Search feature will help too.

You can try a "battery-pull" which will soft-reset your Droid, which might help. Some people mentioned that if they played a bad video file, it would not like to play any good files anymore.

You can also try and play (stream) a trailer from my Movie Trailer thread, and see if at least they play. I know it's not NBC, but it will at least give yuo an idea of where to look if even those won't play with sound.

Try playing this one directly on your phone (visit link on your Droid)

http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/Default/GreenZone.mp4

If that fails to play with video and audio, download this one to your computer, extract the zip, copy the mp4 to your Droid, and see if it plays then

http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/Default/GreenZone.zip

shawb13

Reaction score
No full episodes on m.NBC.com

I read the thread from back in April about watching full episodes on NBC's mobile site, but have had no luck finding anything but clips and previews. Any help?