Navigation

Zracer83

Reaction score
Maybe I am just doing something wrong, but why does the DX not have turn by turn voice navigation and the regular Droid's do?

AzJazz

Reaction score
Maybe I am just doing something wrong

You are. ;)

For a simple test:

1) Hold down the Search button in the lower right corner until it you see the Universal Voice Search come up.
2) Say, "Navigate to the nearest McDonald's"

And ... away you go!

Cheers,

AzJazz

Goalier95

Reaction score
I know the Google Navigation is in beta and it's pretty good for turn by turn with navi voice, but is there a way to keep the 3D nav screen on without having to actually input in a destination? What I basically want is the larger map, not the 2D map view that shows a smaller view. Is this possible since I can't find it in the options or menus. Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What I basically want is the larger map, not the 2D map view that shows a smaller view. Is this possible since I can't find it in the options or menus. Thanks!

Not possible at this time.....

Retire36

Reaction score
Since the update I can not click on car panel and then get the screen that had my location, end destination and the choices for car, bus, walking mode.

Does anyone know how to get that panel back

Thanks

Dave

mdowns989

Reaction score
Google Navigation is absent from Focused 1.8.6 except in carmode format... is there any market available substitutions that are worth while?

Edit: wow... its not absent... right in front of my face lame... hahah well how about a way to change the VOICE on Google navigation?

Droid X rubiX 1.8.6 OC'd at 1.35Ghz Black Juice Green Mod

ckf

Reaction score
When i had my X, the navigation would not work, it always said "searching for GPS" . Now i have the S3, and its doing the same thing!! Any ideas?? My navigation does not turn blue..stays gray. I am using google location services.

Ceetar

Reaction score
weird. I've had no problems. working better than the Fascinate was, which sometimes I felt needed to sit still for 20 minutes before it picked up the location.

I have noticed it seems to randomly switch voices on me though.

sxlxaxvxexn

Reaction score
All 3 have to be checked for navigation to work.

ForumRunner_20120727_112737.png

ckf

Reaction score
yes, all three are checked. it will turn blue for a minute then will say GPS lost....at first i had only the google one checked, tehn later checked all three...still no luck. i thought it was just my X and now with the new phone its still doing it...ughhhh!!

sxlxaxvxexn

Reaction score
That's weird, mine stops working sometimes when 4g gets lost but otherwise it works great.