navigation

alboboy10

Reaction score
My navigation has been acting up. It will not give ne step by step directions. It constantly searches for GPS.

Even the blue arrow isn't accurate the way it should be. There's a huge blue circle around it. This is with GPS on. Never used to happen on my DX.

This is in clear view of sky too.

Anyone else having problems

blazednova

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. its so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i have yet to find a working solution on how to fix it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Go into maps and click menu, then more, then clear map cache.

Let me know if it helps at all.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Cool, I'll try it tomorrow when I'm back outside. Indoor in my house it doesn't really ever catch GPS.

If it works outside, then I won't have any more questions and thank you!

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
it didn't work...I think the gps on my phone is messed up or something because it can't locate me perfectly. It searches for GPS the whole time. It worked once a long time ago when I tried (3 weeks ago) but I had to play with it for a while.

Even with GPS on there's a huge circle that is accurate to 800 meters which is a lot!

I cleared the cache, I even downgraded and upgraded again and it's still messed up. Anybody have any other ideas? I really don't wanna return the phone and get a refurbished one it'll take forever to put everything back the way I want it.....

Another problem I've been having is when I go to accounts and sync, and go to my gmail and I try to sync my contacts (cause I deleted a few on my gmail because I had triplets of every number), it deleted a lot from my phone for some weird reason...so now Im trying to sync the numbers and get them back. And I'm getting a message telling me sync is not available or working now, should try again later. And theres an exclamation point on the right side of sync contacts. Calendar works though and so does syncing email.

Can somebody give me some advice please...it's killing me.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Down load GPS Status from the market, you can see what the GPS is doing. Post your stats

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Stats? It only tells me the location.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I also have the same gps issues. Clearing the cache works sometimes but not always. And we shouldn't even have to do that. It is an issue they need to resolve.

It's the only problem I still have with my phone.

Last edited:
OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
one of the biggest reasons I have a droid is cause I have navigation and I love IT. But wtf my friend with his iphone has the blue dot exactly where he is. I need to turn on GPS, and it doesnt even recognize it.

Does anyone know how to fix the sync issue I mentioned? :/ It's not even syncing my contacts from gmail to transfer them to my contacts on my phone!

Now skype was acting up too and my phone started glitching like crazy

gujupmp88

Reaction score
Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

I was in the same boat as many people with the Thunderbolt. It would take upwards of 20 mins to get a lock, if I did that is. I did this and now i get locks within 10 seconds when I'm outside and sometimes even when i'm inside.

tommyz

Reaction score
Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

I was in the same boat as many people with the Thunderbolt. It would take upwards of 20 mins to get a lock, if I did that is. I did this and now i get locks within 10 seconds when I'm outside and sometimes even when i'm inside.

This app should do the trick. I had the same issue with my original Droid about a year ago and this was the fix that worked for me.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
So I understand that might be good fix... But apparently I have set my expectations to high as I kinda expect the phone to work without me doing some fix if maybe a GPS dance.. :) I have had a Droid 1 Droid 2 and Droid X none of them needed a fix from the market and they easily find me inside my house or pretty much anywhere for that matter

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Seriously it sucks. Same thing I argue with iPhone people. They need to hack their phones to do what they want.

This is the same thing.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Yeah, but they hack to get other features.. I just want what Verizon/HTC said the phone would do stock...

sent from my non-gps finding, battery dying,no data connection, 4G smart(when it wants to be)phone