Navigation with Speed Limits?

baldybill

Reaction score
I love the Navigation that Google provides. The only shortcoming I see is the lack of posted speed limits. I understand that some (maybe garmin) standalone GPS devices give the posted speed on the screen. Is there anything like that for android?

joggy

Reaction score
Waze will warn you if you reach the speed limit. Navigon posts it on the screen I believe.

It's been a while since I've used either one but in my experience don't provide anything close to Google Navigation. You might have better luck though

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the Navigation that Google provides. The only shortcoming I see is the lack of posted speed limits. I understand that some (maybe garmin) standalone GPS devices give the posted speed on the screen. Is there anything like that for android?

I think both Navigon and Co-Pilot will list some speed limits on screen.

mikespe

Reaction score
I think both Navigon and Co-Pilot will list some speed limits on screen.

WOW! The prices of those apps are huge compared to the bad reviews! I'll bet Google is working on a live traffic function...there is a traffic setting under layers but I've never seen it work & I don't know what it actually does lol!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WOW! The prices of those apps are huge compared to the bad reviews! I'll bet Google is working on a live traffic function...there is a traffic setting under layers but I've never seen it work & I don't know what it actually does lol!

Don't worry about the bad reviews. They are a result of the apps not working initially when Ginger Bread came out. They have since been updated and both work fine on my Bionic. There were threads about the non-compatibility, but people would still install the apps and find they didn't work and then post a horrible review. They do periodically put these apps on sale. You just need to watch the boards as there will normally be a "heads-up" thread.

They are both pricey. I bought Copilot first when it was on sale at $4.95. Then Navigon was released for the US at an introductory price of $24.95 or $19.95 (?) and I bought it because it at the time it used the same database as Garmin. It appears they have now been bought by Garmin.

I would imagine that you are correct about Google catching up quickly. They have made amazing gains in the past two years and I'm sure they will have no deficiencies as compared to these two aps within the next year or so.

mikespe

Reaction score
Don't worry about the bad reviews. They are a result of the apps not working initially when Ginger Bread came out. They have since been updated and both work fine on my Bionic. There were threads about the non-compatibility, but people would still install the apps and find they didn't work and then post a horrible review. They do periodically put these apps on sale. You just need to watch the boards as there will normally be a "heads-up" thread.

They are both pricey. I bought Copilot first when it was on sale at $4.95. Then Navigon was released for the US at an introductory price of $24.95 or $19.95 (?) and I bought it because it at the time it used the same database as Garmin. It appears they have now been bought by Garmin.

I would imagine that you are correct about Google catching up quickly. They have made amazing gains in the past two years and I'm sure they will have no deficiencies as compared to these two aps within the next year or so.

So which one do you think is better? Or do you think Google Maps is fine as is?