navigation with overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jntdroid, May 26, 2010.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    Ok I've seen other threads talking about heat issues when using the Navigation, but haven't been able to get a clear cut "feel" for this.

My family is traveling soon and I plan on using the heck out of the navigation on this phone (I've rarely used it to this point). I'm currently rooted stock with no OC, but was planning on adding either p3 or chevy's kernel to oc. However, after seeing some of these threads, I'm wondering if I shouldn't OC if I plan on using Nav.

Can anybody attest to using Nav with OC and not having any problems? Or is it pretty much a given that if I'm oc'd and use navigation for any consistent amount of time, it will likely get really hot - possibly to the "danger" level? It's possible we could be using it for a few hours at a time...

2. Hiroller173

Hiroller173 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you use SetCPU (and you will), you can establish a drop down speed for when the temp gets over a certain setpoint.

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    yeah i thought of that, but it seems people were still having issues regardless - but that route makes sense, logically anyway

4. jaxory

jaxory New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Pete's Bugless Beast, with the 1.2OC Kernel, and I have no issues with navigation whatsoever, using it on a daily basis.

5. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I have stock 2.1 ROM that is Rooted and I am using P3Droid 7 Slot 1GHz Kernel and use navigation a lot. I have not run into any issues and use SetCPU to set different profiles as suggested above.