navigation system is lost

journalboy

Reaction score
I've used my DINC's navigation system twice. And twice I've been given the runaround.
The first time it admittedly was a hard to find location because of some odd street configurations, including one in which cars coming in either direction had to take turns using the single lane under a railroad overpass. The navigator took me on a goose chase of about four miles, finally down a gravel road by a railroad track where there were no other vehicles.
Finally I called someone at my distination and got directions. It ended up being within 100 yards of where I'd been as the crow flies, but on the other side of the railroad tracks and four miles away by proper roads. Sheesh.

More recently, the navigator put me in a high school parking lot, about a quarter mile from the shopping center address I'd given it.

Is there a fix?

tigerdango

Reaction score
The phone GPS is more or less an emergency thing. You are better off with an actual GPS unit, trust me. I have a TomTom it works great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The phone GPS is more or less an emergency thing. You are better off with an actual GPS unit, trust me. I have a TomTom it works great.

Nothing wrong with google navigation. Never a problem here. YMMV....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chartle

Reaction score

I think the nav app is much better than any stand alone GPS I have used.

I don't know of any stand alone GPS units that can give you satellite images and street view.

To the OP any GPS is only as good as the maps attached to it. Also some places are just hard to get to.

Particularly if two roads parallel each other but are separated.

As for me my Droid has never gotten my lost or took the wrong way.

Last edited:

tigerdango

Reaction score
It's much harder to manipulate while driving than a GPS unit. I dunno. TomTom has gotten me everywhere I needed to go, including across states.