Navigation problems--only Top Down View

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by MikeGoob, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last Friday my Navigation worked fine, NOW it only shows a top down view when driving. The GPS works, it follows me on the streets with a blue arrow, but north is always up and there is no 3D view.

There is no 'blue arrow' in the corner to click. If I go to menu, I can add layers or sat. view or back out. What gives?

Anyone else?

Is there a way I can remove the last update? Where is the Nav. ap in the settings? Google Nav and Nav arent listed.

2. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hit the icon on the top right corner of the screen (it should look like a compass). This should switch you between the two modes. In addition, it will center the map to your current location if you drag the map to another location.

3. chitala383

chitala383 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure that the compass is the blue arrow he was talking about that's not there. If you're rooted maybe u can use titanium backup our the like to delete the nav app and then download a new one and reinstall. That's the only thing I can think of

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

4. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not rooted. I did clear the cache for 'google services' in the apps menu and when I opened Nav again it popped up with a warning about driving. Hopefully this will work, Im still at work and will try it on the way home.

Theres no blue arrow but there is a compass in the top left, showing north.

5. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not talking about the blue arrow, or the compass in the upper left. Ignore my description, and just hit the icon on the top right of the screen and see what happens.

6. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The frustrating part is that there are no other icons to push. It looks like this but with the perspective being top down, not 3d:

[​IMG]
    not my phone/screen

The good news is that it has been fixed somehow. I cleared the google services cache under applications and did the *228, just grasping at straws and now it works. Looks normal. Anyway keep in mind if you find it happens to you someday.

Thanks!

7. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, my bad. I was thinking of the navigation built into Google Maps, rather than the separate Navigation app. I can get a top down view by clicking a few buttons in that app, and bring it back to normal 3D view by either clicking back or the blue arrow button in the bottom left corner. However, it seems to default to 3D view on my phone. Maybe you had a corrupt setting that was fixed when you cleared the data. Anyway, glad to hear that you fixed it!

8. jrhorn424

jrhorn424 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same issue. It's difficult to see in your picture, but the compass arrow (red and white) to the left of "Masonic Ave" and under the mile/turn indicator is clickable. You can click that to switch views. It's in the upper left in the nav app, but it's a different icon in the upper right of the map app. I wasn't sure it was clickable in the nav app until I tried it.

9. supreme2012

supreme2012 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :hail: thanks for the simple advice (click red & white) arrow icon on the top left corner of the map to change the map view from 2d > 3d, I just google for the answer and found this thread, very helpful, at least for my situation. I only registered the account to post a reply to this thread to say thank you and I have put ur name in the "referral box", very good! thanks! I'll definitely have a good sleep tonight! :happy3:

10. jrhorn424

jrhorn424 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to help!

Search tags for this page

android navigation 3d view

android navigation change view

android navigation overhead view
google maps navigation 3d view
google navigation 3d

google navigation 3d view