Navigation Mount for Vehicle

lime4x4

Reaction score
I picked one up last night at my local vw store. I love it the only draw back is i have to remove my otter box defender case to use it

Deron

Reaction score
On the Verizon Accessories website, it shows a bracket covering the MicroUSB jack. Is there a connector there that brings 12V to the phone or is there no way to hook up a power cable?

mot_droid_razr_win_mount.png

I have this mounted on my car's windshield. The micro USB plug for the car power adaptor is on the back of the unit. So yes you can run power to it while docked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I don't have the RAZR or the dock, but I do have a Bionic and dock, and I suspect they work the same way. There are electronics in the dock that tell the phone it's in a dock, as well as what type of dock it is.

thelastbill

Reaction score
@cmorty, the one the website isnt the official razr dock. I confirmed with Verizon chat this am. They are sold out on Amazon and androidcentral.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I picked one up last night at my local vw store. I love it the only draw back is i have to remove my otter box defender case to use it

From what I hear can't confirm yu can remove the plastic insert & dock a cased razr I can confirm the glossy silicone from vzw fits I returned my otterbox before realizing you could emove this plastic insert.. The case has to say on front if the box fits in docking station and car nav

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

lime4x4

Reaction score
I've tried removing the insert and i've tried removing the silcone part from my defender case and it still doesn't fit.

breedingh8

Reaction score
i can confirm working with both silcon vzw cases glossy and the other as well as the combo holster

lime4x4

Reaction score
Are we talking about a otter box defender case or the one that verizon sells? The defender case from otter box is built a little thicker

Graymayre

Reaction score
The silicone case sold by Verizon is about the largest that will fit. Otterbox will never fit in a dock unless they make one themselves.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

breedingh8

Reaction score
The silicone case sold by Verizon is about the largest that will fit. Otterbox will never fit in a dock unless they make one themselves.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Yep there are about three cases that say on the front "works with media and nav dock" those are the ones that will fit with the plastic insert removed.

lime4x4

Reaction score
It's now big deal for me. I was only planning on using the car dock on long drives. So i can deal with taking the otter box case off. I won't want to do it on a everyday basis thou.

cmorty72

Reaction score
@cmorty, the one the website isnt the official razr dock. I confirmed with Verizon chat this am. They are sold out on Amazon and androidcentral.

OooooooKaaaaaaay...
How is the dock not the official Razr dock? Especially being it's sold at your local Verizon Wireless stores... and it's labeled all over the box "Droid Razr Vehicle Navigation Dock", along with the Motorola name branding and Verizon Wireless plastered on it??
If these aren't the "official" equipment for the Razr, somebody needs to notify Verizon and Motorola ASAP!!
I do believe your buddy on Verizon chat needs to take a quick stroll around his store and check out what's on the sales floor, because according to their logic it may not be original equipment. :biggrin:
2011-11-19_19-04-05_814.jpg

cmorty72

Reaction score
From what I hear can't confirm yu can remove the plastic insert & dock a cased razr I can confirm the glossy silicone from vzw fits I returned my otterbox before realizing you could emove this plastic insert.. The case has to say on front if the box fits in docking station and car nav

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
Both the glossy silicone and Otter Box Commuter cases fit just fine with the dock (insert removed of course).