Navigation Mount for Vehicle

chicubfan08

Reaction score
I love it. The car dock controls are big and simple. Play my music through my stereo Bluetooth with ease. Noticed a couple skips early on but nothing since. Have not tried navigation yet. Will try that later and update. Let me know if anyone else got it and what they think about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
I had the navigation dock for my OG Droid, definitely going to pick one up for the RAZR when I can find one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I want to get one but does anyone know of one that plugs into the cigarette lighter? I just don't like it on the window.

cmorty72

Reaction score
I want to get one but does anyone know of one that plugs into the cigarette lighter? I just don't like it on the window.
Wait a minute... I thought this one had a port on it allowing you to plug into it via 12V charger (then again, I really haven't had chance to personally check it out)?

As far as one that plugs directly into the 12V port, I know that there are some universal ones out there.
*edit*
Here you go:
Vehicle Charger and Mount Universal GPS Nav Phone | eBay

cmorty72

Reaction score
I love it. The car dock controls are big and simple. Play my music through my stereo Bluetooth with ease. Noticed a couple skips early on but nothing since. Have not tried navigation yet. Will try that later and update. Let me know if anyone else got it and what they think about it.

Question:
With the Razr fit in the dock while sporting a case, or does the Razr have to be "caseless"?

gb_fan

Reaction score
I bought the OtterBox Commuter Series Case and it does fit the car dock. It is a snug fit, but does work. Have to remove the insert.

Chocula78

Reaction score
How does Razr recognize it's in a car mount?

When you put the razr in the car mount, how does the Razr know to go into car mode?

Chocula78

Reaction score
My guess that it's the same set up as on the OGD... they've got magnets in prime locations in the backing of the bracket, that automatically send the phone into car mode.

I heard they moved away from magnets because certain magnetic flap holsters kept turning on phones into car mode, causing battery drain. Maybe their is something special about the USB on the car dock?

Kasey

Reaction score
On the Verizon Accessories website, it shows a bracket covering the MicroUSB jack. Is there a connector there that brings 12V to the phone or is there no way to hook up a power cable?

mot_droid_razr_win_mount.png

mikera67

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be magnets, put phone in dock, nothing, until you slide the port in, even half way in nothing happens, must be something with the connector, or possible magnet on the male connector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chocula78

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be magnets, put phone in dock, nothing, until you slide the port in, even half way in nothing happens, must be something with the connector, or possible magnet on the male connector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm interested in how the droid Razr knows to go into car mode in this dock because I prefer making my own custom car docks. With my OG it was easy to install a magnet into a generic $10 dock. The Razr dock costs $40 which is BS considering it is F-ing plastic. So if I can figure out how the Razr knows to go into car mode I can make my own dock for far less than what the OEM one costs.

It's not a magnet in the part with the USB connector. I just ran a magnet along my phone where the USB/HDMI/Headphone jack is. Nothing happened. My concern is there is a pcb embedded in the car dock where the usb connector is that sends a special signal to the phone to let it know what kind of dock it is in.

cmorty72

Reaction score
On the Verizon Accessories website, it shows a bracket covering the MicroUSB jack. Is there a connector there that brings 12V to the phone or is there no way to hook up a power cable?

mot_droid_razr_win_mount.png
Yes, it's located along the back (micro-usb not included of course... but they do include a dual male 1/8th jack for audio). My problem is trying to find a good location to mount it. ;)
*edit*
My only issue with this mount is its short mounting arm. This is an easy fix if you have the mount from an OGD, just swap the arms. This gives you more ways in which to maneuver the mount to your liking.

Last edited:

thelastbill

Reaction score
I've been trying to find one of these but its sold out everywhere