Navigation issue

leftspin

Reaction score
I had the DX for over a year and never saw issues with the GPS/Navigation, I guess I just got lucky. Part of that might have been the fact that it was always rooted and running a custom ROM

droidx2010

Reaction score
I had the DX for over a year and never saw issues with the GPS/Navigation, I guess I just got lucky. Part of that might have been the fact that it was always rooted and running a custom ROM
what root do you use?

leftspin

Reaction score
droidx2010 said:
what root do you use?

You mean what root method? Google how to root Droid X or D3 One Click, I'm on my phone so I can't link you. Root is root no matter what device you're on.

newmanx4

Reaction score
What is your system version in About Phone? If it's .621 you cannot use any one click root methods.

Sent from my AOKP'd DROID X

droidx2010

Reaction score
What is your system version in About Phone? If it's .621 you cannot use any one click root methods.

It's .605. - As I said earlier, I did have my phone rooted but on the old OS then when it updated to gb, the root didn't work. Where do I go for the one click root method?

newmanx4

Reaction score
Just Google how to root Droid X .605. There were several one click methods for it. Best I remember z4root was the best one.

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
newmanx4 said:
Just Google how to root Droid X .605. There were several one click methods for it. Best I remember z4root was the best one.

z4root won't work on GB, only FroYo. You need a computer to root GB.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Yep. That's right. I've been on .621 since its release so I've forgotten everything about the older versions.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello savingparis .. welcome.. you should make an Introductory thread in the new members area..