Navigation has stopped working

erich93063

Reaction score
So I'm not POSITIVE this is because of the 2.1 update, but my navigation has stopped working and I know it was working last week. It just constantly says "Searching for GPS" no matter what, even when GPS has been enabled. I have rebooted several times and I have no other apps running that might be interfering with it. Is this a known issue? Do I need to uninstall Google Maps and reinstall?

LdaSense420

Reaction score
ok im a noob so this may sound dumb but did u try using the app car home for navigation instead of google maps? or go to setting/locations and see if the GPS satellites thing is checked

anewday

Reaction score
Google can't even find my location now after I upgraded to 2.1. :(

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Give it a while. After the update it takes forever to find your position/ find gps. I was worried at first too but waited and it finally found me. after going through this a couple of times it has seemed to get much quicker.

Third

Reaction score
Same thing here. Google no longer finds my location either. Always says "Location Unavailable"

OP
E

erich93063

Reaction score
Yeah mine finally found me and everything seems to be ok now. weird.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I've found that if I have GPS disabled and Maps offers to take me to Settings to enable it, it never finds the satellites. I have to go back to the homescreen and use the Power Control widget to turn GPS off and then back on, at which point it works almost immediately.

aben1088

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me. My GPS is working just fine though. It's just My Location. Since the update, Google hasn't been able to find me.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
GPS could not find me after the update. After trying lots of things and cussing, I powered off and back on and it instantly found me!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
GPS is assisted so it does rely on the network for an initial fix. I've found that when it can't get a lock that sometimes *228 helps.

My GPS is working just fine though. It's just My Location. Since the update, Google hasn't been able to find me.
How are you confirming that GPS is working?