Navigation experts needed.

wil318466

Reaction score
Today I ran into a situation that I didn't know how to correct. A main road was closed, and I needed to get to a desination WITHOUT using that road. Unforunately, I had to just stay on side roads and Google Nav kept trying to put me back on the road.

Any suggestions from the pros?

-Wil

markmicallef

Reaction score
touch menu
then Route Info
then touch the center icon at bottom of page, (it has 2 arrows on it)

Then at the top of the screen it will have alternative routes, it also lists Miles and time for each route

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
touch menu
then Route Info
then touch the center icon at bottom of page, (it has 2 arrows on it)

Then at the top of the screen it will have alternative routes, it also lists Miles and time for each route

Yes, I know about this. This doesn't let you exclude a particular road, though.

Shanged

Reaction score
Interested in knowing this as well.
As a side note, why does the traffic view suck so much in navigation mode? It just gives you an overview of the entire trip (so far as I can tell)?
I would like to be able to look ahead to see if there is traffic or closures without exiting navigation mode.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Well, the program is a "beta" version. May I suggest contacting the developers? I know in the latest version there is a link to do that for bugs & suggestions. Who knows? Perhaps they will integrate some new things.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interested in knowing this as well.
As a side note, why does the traffic view suck so much in navigation mode? It just gives you an overview of the entire trip (so far as I can tell)?
I would like to be able to look ahead to see if there is traffic or closures without exiting navigation mode.

To the OP there are a lot of features still missing (including some basic rerouting options). Remember this is still a Beta release and it has a long way to go.

To the above poster what exactly are you trying to find? If you activate the traffic layer you can go along the route and see the traffic conditions. If your wanting something like live detail traffic coverage than you need to buy an actual nav system. Remember this is a FREE app and service (which again is still in Beta). The premiums that you pay for other devices are one reason competitors have a better layout AND better access to more detail.