Navigation App w/ blue arrow disappeared

spydergirl

Reaction score
My navigation app with the blue arrow disappeared from mine and my husband's phones. It's not even in our apps drawer OR in the Play Store. Anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my GN2

Psykho

Reaction score
Navigation is integrated into Google maps now. If you go to maps and search an address it will give you an option to navigate and then it will give you different route options to choose from. I'm really enjoying the new interface...

fireman00

Reaction score
Interesting.... I still have Navigation separate from Maps. I've been able to get directions through Maps for a while. Google has done a nice job of integrating Navigation into Maps though.

captdroid

Reaction score
The new Google navigation / maps 7 sucks bad. It's now a pile of donkey poo.

panikpro

Reaction score
My navigation app with the blue arrow disappeared from mine and my husband's phones. It's not even in our apps drawer OR in the Play Store. Anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my GN2

Happened to me recently. This may have occurred because of a Google maps update. The update prevented the availability of the maps offline. The blue arrow is Google maps navigation offline. I opened up google maps --> clicked 'options' and selected 'Make available offline. click done and it'll download your very local navigation. This will bring back the 'blue arrow'. You may later add new locations offline using the same method.

CPAaz

Reaction score
I don't see a way to access your contacts in the new maps app. The old blue arrow app did have the option. Am I missing something?

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
I don't see a way to access your contacts in the new maps app. The old blue arrow app did have the option. Am I missing something?

I think if you go to your contacts and select one, there's an option to select "navigate to" or "navigation," but I haven't done it on awhile and would have to look at it again since all the changes.

Sent from my GN2

CPAaz

Reaction score
Thank you spydergirl. I tried it and it worked well. I appreciate the help!!

ajordanb

Reaction score
Happened to me recently. This may have occurred because of a Google maps update. The update prevented the availability of the maps offline. The blue arrow is Google maps navigation offline. I opened up google maps --> clicked 'options' and selected 'Make available offline. click done and it'll download your very local navigation. This will bring back the 'blue arrow'. You may later add new locations offline using the same method.

i can't find the 'options" option on my Google maps app. could you help me locate it please

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help, but here's what I do -

* Open google maps
* Type the location address into "search"
* Click the "search" icon
* Click on little car icon in bottom right
* Select preferred route from list
* Click on blue arrow in bottom right to start navigation

Hope that helps? I must agree that the Google maps navigation is MUCH better than the VZN Navigation. VZN had us going in circles miles away from our intended destination! Switched to google maps and it got us right there.

Sent from my GN2

jwmcc

Reaction score
This happened to me with the latest update & I hate the new Google Maps/Navigation!!!! So I went to my manage apps settings and found Google Maps and uninstalled the updates. Then I got my Navigation arrow back and my old Navigation interface.

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Had the same thing happen to my phone. I tried the instructions listed in an earlier post but the choices mentioned weren't there.

I found this navigating launcher that brings back similar functionality and adds some useful features.

See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navlauncher.app

Good luck! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2