Navigation and 2.1

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by eversonsc, Apr 20, 2010.

1. eversonsc

eversonsc New Member

Ever since I updated to 2.1 my navigation and Google maps have been off. Most of the time it isn't getting me to the correct address. Today I searched for the closest bank of america and it took me to an address and there wasn't a BOA around at all. Is anyone else having these problems? I have rebooted the phone and also done a battery pull.
  2. FLE

FLE New Member

Ive had not probs using the nav with the 2.1 update. You have to remember that google said its nav is still a "beta" I have use both the google map and the Nav launcher with no probs. Just throwing this out there, have you calibrated the GPS? I do not know if this is the prob, I am just trying to help ya out. If ya do not know how shoot me a pm and I will tell ya its quick to do and it makes the GPS more accurate.
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

If the OP's issue is that Google Nav isn't finding the correct destinations then I'm not sure that calibrating the GPS will help. It's a matter of finding destinations and not GPS accuracy from the sound of it.

In other words, it sounds like it took him to the correct address but there wasn't a BofA at the address. If that's the case, there's a link somewhere to suggest corrections for Google Maps. The issue wouldn't be with the Droid itself or 2.1 or GPS. Hopefully the OP can clarify.

I've never run into this myself but my fiancee was using Google Nav to get to a restaurant and Google had the restaurant on the wrong side of the street. That would be another example where the Google Maps POI database would need correction.