navigating the ROOT

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RaXioN, Mar 23, 2010.

1. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

I have rooted a Droid using the unzip file like normal. I would like to navigate the root to see what files are present. A customer says there was content on phone but as we all know you can not put content on the phone with out a sdcard other than the temp wallpaper, apps and contacts. I need to access this so I can prove to higher ups that nothing is on it. Put it this way I want to be able to open the root folder like you would open your My Computer folder and navigate it. And I need to know what files apps, wallpaper, and contacts are stored to. I found that the wallpapers are stored in Framework-res.apk\drawable0hdpi\laucher file\ .apk, from what iv read. These phones are not activated so no internet for the contacts to sync to. Is there a program I can download to read this, please help me. "THANKS"
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

root explorer in the market may give you what you need
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Astro File manager as well. It does a lot of other useful things as well.
  4. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

thanks

Thanks guys. real life savers. :heart:. can I download these without using the phone, because its not activated and I can not activated. Legal reasons.
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

No you would need market to download those.

You can use adb though. Android Debug Bridge | Root Your Droid

You then can use commands to browse around, ls and cd will allow you browse around. ls = list contents of current directory cd = change directory.
  6. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

android debuger

So this program will allow me to connect and navigate a droid from my computer?
  7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

correct. The other tools requires the phone to be powered on, at the desktop, and are used from the phone itself.
  8. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

9. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Error canceled

I got it know. thanks for all the help guys
  10. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

11. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

next issue

I got the command prompt open with the commands there, but I dont know what to do with them. Do I continue to use the command prompt to pull the info I want or do I need another programm?
  12. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30464-how-adb-why-i-love-adb-commands-3-a.html <-- is a guide on how to use adb

13. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

C:\Documents and Settings\RAndall.nation\Desktop\DROID Hack\android-sdk_r05-wind
    ows\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
    su
    cd /sdcard
    cd /system/app/
    cd /data/app/su
    cd /sdcard
    cd /system/app/
    $ # # #

I then typed ls and it gave me a list of the .apk and .oxed. this is awseme. now I just need to see the contacts in the contact.apk and the pictures in the wallpaper.apk. So could I take a picture save it as a wallpaper then run adb and see the file I just added? or the contact I added?
    I dont know what the # and $ mean either.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  14. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

I finally got what I was looking for. Now I just need to know the specific file were the wallpaper you save is stored and were the contacts you save is stored and were the apps you download are stored. I heard it was in the framework-res.apk file but I could not find it. any ideas? I Thanks you guys allot. Cool commu and I will defently recemmend to others. I pulled the sys/app from a brand new phone and from a used costumers phone and they showed the same apps, even though the used phone had download apps on it.
  15. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Non-stock wallpapers are stored on the sdcard, unless they modified apks injecting their wallpaper into it. This is possible, as I have it done myself, no reason to do this really though, unless you are having sdcard issues.

My radar for shenanigans is going off, lol. I really didn't read into why you were doing this yesterday, I was just saying "how" to accomplish what you wanted to do. Today I read the first post once you started going on about another person's contacts.

So let me get this straight, you want to take a customers returned phone, that was and still is rooted and prove there is nothing on it? Why in the world you need to go through someone's private things? Why would the boss care? Why would you care? Why not just reflash it to stock using the sbf, this will take it back to 100% stock (out of the box stock)? VZW stores have even better tools to do this I am sure. Before giving this to someone else, I would think it would be a law you would have to make sure the previous owners data was gone. Take it back to 100% stock, maybe even get it refurbished (physically).

No offense though, I am sure there is a non-sinister reasoning behind this. I am just going to tap out now. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html <-- is the sbf I am referring to.
  16. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

wow

Flashing doesn't always work. Content slips though time to time. Just tryin to stop it from happening again. I really don't care what the content is. And after I got things going I whated to figure out to do hack my own phone. And if there is a better way to wipe the phone other than our program I want figure that out too. But I see why you would be worried there's a lot loons out there.
  17. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I admit that flashing with RSDLite doesn't always work, but at this point it is the best way to get back to 100% stock. I guess formatting at least data, cache, and system may also not be a terrible idea (you can do this via adb); but there is no reason if it flashes correctly for any remnants. While the other way of returning to stock is fine for us, when we are still the one using our phones. Unroot & Back To Stock | Root Your Droid <-- is what I am referring to. I personally would feel safer using an .sbf if I were to be getting rid of the phone.

Also, I am not sure if you flash an sbf, say the ESE53 one that updates the baseband, if using the above method will return the baseband to stock. My assumption would be no. So this means, it will have the updated baseband and maybe some other things but being on an older firmware (since the 2.1 update isn't out). .sbf gets to things nothing else can touch, like the Motorola M boot animation. So I could take an obscene picture, replace the M, and if they don't reflash the phone; a customer is going to have an eye opening experience when they power it up.

I am far from in the know about this though. So my post is purely a guess (a poorly educated one at that hehe) and is probably incorrect. Maybe one of many smarter folks can step in and correct me.

Like I said, I am sure you have all good intentions but still it is like the guy on the street asking you for help getting his his car stereo out. While he could be a really nice and cold, since he is wearing a ski mask, man. I still would probably just cross the street. :p I don't want to offend you or anything though, so don't take my refusal to help the wrong way. I also am not trying to stop other folks from stepping in and helping you. You probably won't be able to find much anyhow, I am sure there is some sort of encryption on the files with the "dirty bits" in them.
  18. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

movin on

I fairly new to the hack thing, are you saying that rooted phones could have things on them that flashing will miss? 1st open source phone Iv done. Rsd gives me the most probs. After a phone is programmed and content is still on, could I flash with a writen program and then rerun the programmer?
  19. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

i recommend root explorer its so easy to pull and push things.
  20. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I fully agree that RSD is a terrible program. I know no one that uses it, and thinks it is great. Almost everyone has trouble with it in some way. It just does what it feels like doing it seems. I got ESE53 fully flashed on my first try, but when I did ERE25 I believe it took me like 8 tries. My heart sunk the first time it said something about failing hehe. BTW ERE25 = test build of OTA 2.1 that was leaked online ESE53 = another newer build of the OTA 2.1 that was also leaked online, which is believed to be essentially what the Droid will get.

Rooting alone as far as I know can't get to the inner workings like sbf can. There aren't many things it can do that can't be done other ways, honestly I can only think of two, but I am sure there are many more. The radio and the M logo are the two things I know you can change with .sbf that I don't think is possible other ways. I will go into detail about what I mean.

In order to get the baseband update, you have to flash the .sbf . This allegedly improves call quality among some other things, I seemed to notice it but I was told about it prior to doing it, but this is getting away from the point. Right now Droids that haven't flashed the ESE53 .sbf will have a baseband of *.01P (menu > settings > about phone). If you do flash it, your baseband becomes *.03P . The 2.1 OTA for the Droid should upgrade everyone that accepts it as well.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/30840-baseband-flash-noobs.html

The M Motorola boot logo, which I was talking about earlier. I haven't changed it on the ESE53, but I did when I was messing with ERE25. I had a picture of my family there, to get rid of the M logo. Until I flashed the ESE53 sbf that picture was on my phone. I changed around so much on my phone, I used update.zips, switched recovery methods (trying out Koush's Cyanogenmod), my wife, daughter, dog, and unfortunately my ugly mug were there every reboot. The other boot animation (Droid eye I believe is default), is changeable through root access.

An update.zip, which is the way to unroot and go back to stock right now, would in theory leave both the baseband and the "Motorola M" boot logo. Most people don't flash the phone I would assume. A small percentage of Droiders root their phone, and even smaller percentage of the rooters will flash the .sbf So while this isn't really a problem, using RSD is the only way I know of to be 100% in getting everything back to stock.

I am terrible with words (and grammar), and tend to lack brevity.

tl;dr .sbf can flash baseband and the M Motorola logo among probably other things. No other way to flash them beyond sbf (and OTAs) that I know of. But I am often wrong.
Search tags for this page

crack private fubar folders

fubar private album crack
fubar private albums
how to access private folders on fubar
how to hack fubar nsfw folders
how to hack fubar private folders
how to hack nsfw files on fubar
how to navigate android root
navigate to root android
navigate to root in android
nsfw fubar picture folders