navigating the ROOT

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RaXioN, Mar 23, 2010.

1. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have rooted a Droid using the unzip file like normal. I would like to navigate the root to see what files are present. A customer says there was content on phone but as we all know you can not put content on the phone with out a sdcard other than the temp wallpaper, apps and contacts. I need to access this so I can prove to higher ups that nothing is on it. Put it this way I want to be able to open the root folder like you would open your My Computer folder and navigate it. And I need to know what files apps, wallpaper, and contacts are stored to. I found that the wallpapers are stored in Framework-res.apk\drawable0hdpi\laucher file\ .apk, from what iv read. These phones are not activated so no internet for the contacts to sync to. Is there a program I can download to read this, please help me. "THANKS"

2. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    root explorer in the market may give you what you need

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Astro File manager as well. It does a lot of other useful things as well.

4. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks

Thanks guys. real life savers. :heart:. can I download these without using the phone, because its not activated and I can not activated. Legal reasons.

5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    No you would need market to download those.

You can use adb though. Android Debug Bridge | Root Your Droid

You then can use commands to browse around, ls and cd will allow you browse around. ls = list contents of current directory cd = change directory.

6. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    android debuger

So this program will allow me to connect and navigate a droid from my computer?

7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    correct. The other tools requires the phone to be powered on, at the desktop, and are used from the phone itself.

8. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Error canceled

I got it know. thanks for all the help guys

10. cupfulloflol

Ratings:
    +23
  11. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    next issue

I got the command prompt open with the commands there, but I dont know what to do with them. Do I continue to use the command prompt to pull the info I want or do I need another programm?

12. cupfulloflol

Ratings:
    +23
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30464-how-adb-why-i-love-adb-commands-3-a.html <-- is a guide on how to use adb

13. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    C:\Documents and Settings\RAndall.nation\Desktop\DROID Hack\android-sdk_r05-wind
    ows\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
    su
    cd /sdcard
    cd /system/app/
    cd /data/app/su
    cd /sdcard
    cd /system/app/
    $ # # #

I then typed ls and it gave me a list of the .apk and .oxed. this is awseme. now I just need to see the contacts in the contact.apk and the pictures in the wallpaper.apk. So could I take a picture save it as a wallpaper then run adb and see the file I just added? or the contact I added?
    I dont know what the # and $ mean either.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  14. RaXioN

RaXioN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got what I was looking for. Now I just need to know the specific file were the wallpaper you save is stored and were the contacts you save is stored and were the apps you download are stored. I heard it was in the framework-res.apk file but I could not find it. any ideas? I Thanks you guys allot. Cool commu and I will defently recemmend to others. I pulled the sys/app from a brand new phone and from a used costumers phone and they showed the same apps, even though the used phone had download apps on it.

15. cupfulloflol

Ratings:
    +23
    Non-stock wallpapers are stored on the sdcard, unless they modified apks injecting their wallpaper into it. This is possible, as I have it done myself, no reason to do this really though, unless you are having sdcard issues.

My radar for shenanigans is going off, lol. I really didn't read into why you were doing this yesterday, I was just saying "how" to accomplish what you wanted to do. Today I read the first post once you started going on about another person's contacts.

So let me get this straight, you want to take a customers returned phone, that was and still is rooted and prove there is nothing on it? Why in the world you need to go through someone's private things? Why would the boss care? Why would you care? Why not just reflash it to stock using the sbf, this will take it back to 100% stock (out of the box stock)? VZW stores have even better tools to do this I am sure. Before giving this to someone else, I would think it would be a law you would have to make sure the previous owners data was gone. Take it back to 100% stock, maybe even get it refurbished (physically).

No offense though, I am sure there is a non-sinister reasoning behind this. I am just going to tap out now. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html <-- is the sbf I am referring to.

Search tags for this page

crack private fubar folders

fubar private album crack
how to hack fubar nsfw folders
how to hack fubar private folders
how to hack nsfw files on fubar
navigate folders in android
navigate to root android
navigate to root in android
nsfw fubar picture folders
what are all those folders in the android root directory