1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Native apps cannot recognize files

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Saraph, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Saraph

Saraph New Member

Ok, for the past week or so my music player occasionally cannot recognize .mp3 (or probably anything else for that matter) as a proper file and will not play it. This is solved with a reboot. To add to that, I tried taking a picture of a classmate yesterday and it went through but when I view the picture it's a stock gray image. So now my camera software is on the fritz too and that also requires a reboot to get working properly. When it reboots all the images I tried to take were gone. Any fix on this? Anyone else having these issues?
  2. KalenXI

KalenXI New Member

I haven't heard of anything like that but it sounds like an SD card issue. If you have one I'd try it with a different card and see if that helps.
  3. Saraph

Saraph New Member

Unfortunately I don't but that makes sense. How can I set this up so my pictures go directly to the phones storage and not the SD card?
  4. meek_reese

meek_reese New Member

Having this happen A LOT trying to listen to .mp3 files in the default music app. Rebooting helps for a little bit, but the problem eventually comes back.

I will test out the faulty SD card theory later on this evening. If this seems to help, I'll let you know.
  5. Saraph

Saraph New Member

Thanks. Next time it happens to you, try taking a picture too.
  6. truestloyaltyeva

truestloyaltyeva New Member

I'm having this same problem happen about once a day...it sucks and gets on my nerves.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

android apps cause mp3 file not recognized

data file cannot recognize by apps