Nationwide Availability for the HTC One Starts Today in the US

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;bhsG0nkYM50]http://youtu.be/bhsG0nkYM50[/video]​

The nationwide availability for HTC's hot new flagship the HTC One just started today (April 19th, 2013) at several retail outlets. Here's the full press release,

Today, the new HTC One is available online and in retail stores nationwide at AT&T, Sprint, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, Costco, Car Toys, Sam’s Club, HSN.com, and HTC.com.

The highly anticipated and award-winning HTC One strives to reinvent the mobile experience with its full-metal, zero-gap unibody design; a re-imagined home screen with HTC BlinkFeed; a breakthrough camera that shoots hi-res images that come to life with HTC Zoe; and is the first phone with dual front-facing stereo speakers with HTC BoomSound.

Tonight, HTC is celebrating the arrival of the new HTC One with exclusive concerts produced by Live Nation with performances by Pharrell in New York and Grouplove in Chicago. The audience will be limited to 1,000 fans, creating an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime experience for attendees. Next Thursday, an additional performance will take place in Los Angeles featuring Manchester Orchestra.

Additionally, HTC recently launched its U.S. marketing campaign designed to communicate the innovative experiences of the critically acclaimed smartphone including HTC BoomSound and the HTC One Live Experience Tour.

The new HTC One in silver is available nationwide at:

AT&T: Online and in retail with 32GB of memory for $199.99, or online with 64GB of memory for $299.99 with a two-year commitment.
Sprint: Online and in retail with 32GB of memory for $199.99 with a two-year commitment.
Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, Costco, Car Toys, Sam’s Club, HSN.com and HTC.com.
Coming soon to T-Mobile in silver with 32GB of memory, and available in the coming weeks in black at AT&T and Sprint with 32GB of memory.

Download hi-res images, b roll, and full product specifications at HTC Press.

For all other inquiries, please email [email protected].

Sound off if you are excited to get your hands on the HTC One?

Update: T-Mobile also announced their HTC One availability. Here's a link for more info: https://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=HTC-One-Glacial-Silver

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea "rolling out nationwide, except on the nations largest carrier"..... fail.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No micro SD card, and non replaceable battery, means fail in my book. I use my phone all day long, and I am always out and about, and have on quite a few occasions had to change my battery around late afternoon "I always l keep two spare ones in my bag, or jacket pocket". My question is what do you do if you are out WORKING with no charger in sight and need to make that important phone call, or send or receive that important text or email and your phones battery is cooked. And don't let me get started on the Micro SD card expansion and how important it is to me and many others, sorry but cloud storage is still cloud storage, which means you need a data connection to access those important files. HTC will never learn, yes the HTC One is a sweet looking device, but at the end of the day, functionality is what the consumer is looking for, that is why Samsung is a leader in the Android handset market, they listen and supply their customers with what they need and ask for, the S4 will kill the HTC One or any other device in sales once again, the top two reasons that I mentioned is a big reason. I have owned a few HTC devices, but once they started with their impregnated "small" batteries, and no access for expansion Micro SD memory, I bid them farewell as have many others, and don't get me started on their slow updates.
If the HTC one had a slot for a micro SD card and a removable battery and sold on Verizon, they would kill the market, but once again, their CEO fell asleep at the wheel, and in the end will be the downfall of this company.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
at least they're promoting the right features and not some blink or beats gimmicks. still, s4 will sell more phones on it's opening day then one will in it's lifetime.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is in response to my email to HTC, which was pretty much the same as my post above, with a few things added.

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting me at HTC support and for your interest in the HTC One! I am sorry to hear about the design issues you have with the new phone. I appreciate your suggestions and will forward them to our HTC Research and Development department on your behalf for possible consideration in the design of future models.
All constructive suggestions are evaluated on their own merit and are used by our developers when deciding what new features to offer in upcoming models, to improve existing features and functions, to find out what things that our customers are looking for in their device, or find areas that could be improved with future models of HTC devices.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feed back John. Thank you also for owning HTC handsets in the past. I hope you are having a pleasant Spring weekend!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This is in response to my email to HTC, which was pretty much the same as my post above, with a few things added.

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting me at HTC support and for your interest in the HTC One! I am sorry to hear about the design issues you have with the new phone. I appreciate your suggestions and will forward them to our HTC Research and Development department on your behalf for possible consideration in the design of future models.
All constructive suggestions are evaluated on their own merit and are used by our developers when deciding what new features to offer in upcoming models, to improve existing features and functions, to find out what things that our customers are looking for in their device, or find areas that could be improved with future models of HTC devices.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feed back John. Thank you also for owning HTC handsets in the past. I hope you are having a pleasant Spring weekend!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC

Interestingly, this doesn't appear to be a canned response. I really wonder how much they take customer input/feedback into consideration? At any rate, it's good that you aired your grievances with someone who could potentially get this some visibility within HTC. Only time will tell, I suppose.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised myself when I received a response in a twenty four hour period. Like I have said, I always owned HTC products, but once they thought they where apple and could care any less what their customers wanted, that's when my wallet made a switch, I really do not get how difficult it could be to have removable storage and removable battery, Samsung seems to not have any trouble with it, and their S3 sold over twenty million units, and I bet majority of the S3 owners where previous HTC owners, like I have said if they do just those two things, HTC will one day see my hard earned cash. That is if they last that long.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wow. Unreal.
I would have got the One IF it was on VZW and IF it had a MicroSD.

I think the problem is that, unlike in America, a phone with no SD slot would not sell in China.
But in America, too many people bought into the hype that they didn't need one. Too many people settled.
And Google sold some Nexus devices. And HTC saw this and said "hey, we can too".
If people from the start would have said "I want memory expansion" and NOT bought phones without it, this trend of expansion-less phones would have been stopped cold.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is why Samsung is killing all other Android device manufacturers, they supply what the customer wants. When I send the email I did not sugar coat it, it read exactly as my post, plus I added a few things.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2