1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid wipe question

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by kmcgill88, Mar 8, 2011.

1. kmcgill88

kmcgill88 New Member

When booting into clockworkmod recovery:

What does wipe phone / factory reset do opposed to wipe cache?

I know when flashing CM 6.1.2 I used both wipe options prior to flashing CM. I think and would appreciate someone setting me straight that factory reset actually deletes the rom while cache wipe deletes temp files that my be stored in ram.

Am I close?

So in an instance of flashing a new rom OR reverting back to a prior nandroid I need to wipe both?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

that's basically my understanding of it
  3. kmcgill88

kmcgill88 New Member

If I were to just delete my cache then reboot I shouldn't have any problems then?

Or if I wanted to revert back to a nandroid is it necessary to do both wipes?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

to restore a nandroid, you don't need to wipe at all. Wiping cache shouldn't delete any info you need. I do it from time to time. Even use cachecleaner from the market to do it without booting into recovery

I wipe data, system and everything when switching developers ROMs or from like CM6 to CM7 and wipe all on occasion if I stick to the same ROM for a decent period of time too just to get a fresh start
Search tags for this page

do you need to clear data when nandroid

does wipe and factory reset delete nandroid backups

will wipe data delete nandroid