1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid will not start

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GoGators, Mar 21, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators New Member

Sorry for possibly reposting a recurring issue (I did search extensively and have been studying this for days), but I am at step 38 of Complete How-To on How to Mod Your Phone. I reboot, and it goes back to the update screen /!\, not nandroid. I have retried the whole process three times. What am I doing wrong? Help the first time rooter, please.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

You are messing up somewhere while installing SPRecovery. If you followed his guide you should have made a backup prior to step 38, which would have required SPRecovery (steps 27 - 33 all are using SPRecovery). To install it you need to follow steps 9 - 26. Make sure to download the things necessary at steps 9, 10, and 12.

*Edit* Type slow, and double check your typing. Capitalization matters too. It won't always spit out an error if you type something incorrectly. Also it just occured to me that 38 is probably a typo and you meant 28, either way my advice still is the answer.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

What did you get on steps 27 through 33?

Mike
  4. GoGators

GoGators New Member

What I found after rooting 2 droids now is that I had to retype the scripts every time before I shut down to get to Nandroid until I finally had the 2.1 ROM installed. That was not in the instructions. I am talking about the emulator commands. Has no one experience the same issues? This happened to me on two phones in two days.
  5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

when installing were you going back and forth with the terminal emulator? if so don't hit the back button, if you need to leave terminal and come back just hit the home button, it leave the terminal active. Hitting the back button closes it and shuts it down.
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Never had that issue before. Post in the thread if you are getting stuck though and I'll try to help you out.