Nandroid restore data error

gmony01

Reaction score
I have been having an issue restoring user data from nandroid backups. I am using Touch CWM recovery that comes with Tranqice v6h. I can sucessfully make backups through recovery but when I try to restore it gets halfway through data and stops. It says "error restoring data". At first I thought it was a bad backup but this has happened with 3 made with Touch CWM recovery. Anybody had this and any suggestions?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried w/ the recovery that isn't touch? I haven't tried to restore a backup at all yet.

OP
G

gmony01

Reaction score
I did try to restore the backup by flashing the recovery from Rom Manager. Did not work. My next step is to make a backup from that one and try to restore. Eliminate touch all together.

Tried it, still no luck.

Last edited:

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did try to restore the backup by flashing the recovery from Rom Manager. Did not work. My next step is to make a backup from that one and try to restore. Eliminate touch all together.

Tried it, still no luck.

That would have been my next suggestion. With the Fascinate we had a ton of different recoveries and they were all real picky about restoring backups made with other recoveries.

OP
G

gmony01

Reaction score
Taking a look at the erro log it possibly could be an APP causing it. I'll try to get rid of it, make an backup and restore it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been having an issue restoring user data from nandroid backups. I am using Touch CWM recovery that comes with Tranqice v6h. I can sucessfully make backups through recovery but when I try to restore it gets halfway through data and stops. It says "error restoring data". At first I thought it was a bad backup but this has happened with 3 made with Touch CWM recovery. Anybody had this and any suggestions?

Are you renaming the backups? Where they made through Rom Manager?

You can check out this thread: [Recovery]Touch Based ClockworkMod Recovery - RootzWiki

Good luck.

ccrazythunder

Reaction score

I have had this issue as well. I have tried to resolve it in the same ways you have. Did you ever
a solution?

ccrazythunder

Reaction score

Do you have the app voodoo ota root protection installed?

OP
G

gmony01

Reaction score
No I have not fixed this issue yet. i'm starting to believe it comes from a few +mb size apps recovering is tryin to restore. i think the cuplprits for me are Angry Birds(all three versions) and another game. Have yet to make a backup without these and try to restore. Will let you know.

No I do not have that app.

ccrazythunder

Reaction score
No I have not fixed this issue yet. i'm starting to believe it comes from a few +mb size apps recovering is tryin to restore. i think the cuplprits for me are Angry Birds(all three versions) and another game. Have yet to make a backup without these and try to restore. Will let you know.

No I do not have that app.

Thank you for replying. I have the exact same scenario and error that you have described. I have not been able to ascertain the reason behind the issue. I saw on a forum that the voodoo app may be responsible for the issue however after uninstalling and clearing the data and cache from that app it did not alleviate the issue. I am going to try and narrow down the apps I have installed and see if I can isolate the issue. I will also keep you updated on my progress or if I come across a solution. Thank you again.

ccrazythunder

Reaction score
I was able to resolve this by flashing the new "official" clockwork recovery touch. Once I did that backups made using this recovery restored without issue.