1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid Questions, Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by samiusmc, Mar 1, 2010.

1. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

I'm running BB v1.1 and have a question about using Nandroid to install ROMS. So far, I've only used the update.zip method to install new ROMS. I want to learn how to use the Nandroid method because it appears the method is cleaner since a data wipe is performed. My question is, once the new ROM is installed using the advanced Nandroid restore, how are my applications and user data restored? Do I have to download all my apps again? If I have settings such as Handcent's Quick Text settings, how do I restore those as well as my browser bookmarks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

You will have to reset your setting in handcent, your bookmarks will remain, at least mine have thru the many ROMs I've installed. Get Astro file manager and use the tool to backup your apps and you wond have to redownload them, just make sure they are up to date before you back them up. Other than that and redoing your home screens its not too painfull.
  3. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

If you would like to keep all your data you can download mybackup pro from the market (it's a paid app though). It can backup your apps as well but Astro does that and it's free.