Nandroid no longer making backups..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by voydas, Mar 10, 2010.

1. voydas

voydas New Member

After I finally get everything the way I want (ESE53 with Chevy 1250 kernel, and theme (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/28407-blue-ese53-theme.html) Blue ESE53 Blue theme based off Chevy ROM. Everything is exactly how I want it, and I'd like to make a nandroid back up and when I go to perform a back up (advanced or simple) it hangs at "Attempting to make nandroid backup" and it takes a battery pull to get it rebooted. I've been very patient -- waiting 3-4 minutes before battery pulls. Do I need to reinstall SPRecovery? I'm using latest version.

Any ideas?

Perhaps the kernel?
  2. gnome_sayin

gnome_sayin New Member

First, make sure you have plenty of room on your SD card to hold another backup.

If that isn't the issue, I would try redoing your SPRecovery setup.

You could always restore a previous backup and see if you can then make another one.. that would tell you if you had issues with the ROM or OC Kernel you applied.
  3. radioz

radioz New Member

It's possible that your SDcard is corrupt. Can you install it in your PC and check it?
  4. voydas

voydas New Member

It was something to do with my SD card. I've got the problem fixed. I think during a lot of battery pulls I jarred it loose a little bit. I noticed whenever I mounted it I could only transfer files for about 20 seconds then it would lock up, so I pulled the battery, reinserted the SD card and was about to make a successful back up. (PHEW!) While I was at it I also make an entire backup of my SD card in case I ever have to format it. (Had to go through that before...)

Is it possible my SD card is going bad or was it just not inserted properly?
  5. pthance

pthance New Member

Although its possible its going bad, usually if a simple re-seat fixes issues like this it was just not connected all the way. However if you continue to have the same symptoms after the re-seat, it may be a sign of bigger problems. Honestly I wouldn't worry unless you continue to have problems.
  6. camcrobe

camcrobe New Member