1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid error after custom boot logo installation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Meshin, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Meshin

Meshin New Member

Hello,

I've been playing more with my phone recently and I saw the custom boot logo thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/64681-changing-your-motorola-m-boot-logo-tutorial.html

I got it to work properly with what I wanted, and went back to the unrooted 2.0.1 Android OS on my Motorola Droid, but with the custom boot logo. I figured it would be as simple as re-rooting the phone and getting everything set up the way I had it before hand.

How ever I have run into a slight snag. I cannot for the life of me get Nandroid to come back. I've followed the instructions on multipal threads, using differnt versions of DroidRootHelper as well as differnt versions of the update.zip to actually get the phone to be rooted and installed with Nandroid. (Each diferent thread I followed I only did so after going back to the original 2.0.1 OS version).

The phone will root (I get the super user ninja thing as an indication), but when I go through the steps for the DroidRootHelper and reboot to recovery I still only get the basic Recovery screen, and no Nandroid. So I was hoping that someone had run into this issue before and can help me out, or can point me in the right direction for a thread that can help me out, or hell even go "You missed a step stupid, look." XD I've been looking through threads and trying different methods of getting it back to what it was before sense 2pm yesterday, but i can't find anything to help me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: I have a backup made by Nandroid before hand before I started messing with stuff, if I can get that back on my phone somehow that would be awesome and I'll just say the hell with the boot logo. :icon_ banana:
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Are you rooted? If so you can use ROM Manager to get the recovery on your phone. You can flash Clockworkmod or SPR (alternate recovery) through this. You may need to flash them multiple times in order for it to stick.

If not there are .sbf files just for recoveries. All 3 recoveries are linked http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html <-- there near the bottom of the first post.
  3. Meshin

Meshin New Member

I am rooted. I hadn't used ROM manager so I'll try those suggestions and see if I can get it properly. Thanks.
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Good luck, hopefully one of the methods works for you.
  5. Meshin

Meshin New Member

Awesome, thank you. The ROM Manager did the trick after some fiddling around with it. The only thing that concerns me now is that after I had installed the Bugless Beast ROM, I wasn't able to find any of the applications I use to have on the market (I ended up pulling them from a back up so no loss). Just a little strange.

Thanks again. =D