Nandroid Backup

Lana30

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3, Lenovo Yoga 2 table
Hi All,
To do a Nandroid backup, let´s say you are using TWRP or CWM, do you need to download the specific one for your country or can you just download the latest version and you are good to go? You don´t need to download one for your phone, variant or Android version, right? Thanks in advance.

OP
Lana30

Lana30

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3, Lenovo Yoga 2 table
You need to be sure the version is compatible with your phone.
Oh, I see. I have been reading all these tutorials on how to do it and nowhere did they say what you mentioned. Thanks for the tip. They should have mentioned that. Just to make sure I understood everything, you just can´t download the latest version of TWRP and just flash it? You have to find one that is compatible with your phone, variant and Android version? What country you are in doesn´t matter? Once you have found the right one, you are good to go? Thanks for your help. :)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Here's a link that will explain a little more about Nandroids. What Is A Nandroid Backup and How Exactly Does It Work?

Typically, the root method you followed should provide the various links to either CWM or TWRP. You shouldn't download either until you have first rooted your device. Also, you'll need to make sure you have plenty of space available on your external sd card as Nandroids can be quite large. Also, make sure you have at least 80% or more battery life before starting. Good luck and holler if you have any other questions.

S5 tap'n