1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com New Member

I assume that dm updater does a nandroid backup. I would like to know if I do ever brick my phone how do I access the nandroid backup. If anyone has some reading that tells all about this please post.

Thanks so much in advance
  2. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

Boot your phone into recovery (Hold down x while powering the phone ON) and SPRecovery 0.99.3b will appear. Go into the backup/restore option using the volume buttons to navigate and press camera to select, and go into advanced nandroid restore. make all of the options starred using the same controls as above, then click choose backup and select the option that will say preinstall(then whatever time it was when it made the backup in a weird form). then click the option to restore.

It will take a couple-few minutes to finish and when its done, press the power button a couple times to return to the main recovery screen and highlight reboot phone and click. You will be back to your backup.

(NOTE:: if you want to keep your recovery do NOT select the recovery option in the restore menu)
  3. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

If you are using DMupdater to install DroidMod ROMs (1.0 is the current one) DMUpdater will do a nandroid backup before it installs the ROM. If you're using it as an easy way to obtain root, it will download and flash recovery with a few button presses and lots of directions and dire warnings. You can then manually do a nandroid backup.
Search tags for this page

backup bricked android