Nandroid backup?

sports96

Reaction score
Trying to do a nandroid backup and it ask type a prefix to name your backup: What is the catch here I have tried 1 letter up to Ultimatedroid and nothing seems to work. I type the letters and then hit enter nothing, I cant go backwards or forwards. Any suggestions.

Thanks

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
I got it, I just hit the return key, I was hitting the gold enter button.

Thanks

alexp1289

Reaction score
Can someone help me locate a nandroid backup for the razr? I'd use my razr but im having some issues with it and need a backup (completely stock backup) to start rom development. Also if anyone would like to help me develop a rom just let me know im new to this so im gonna do my best to whip one up.

alexp1289

Reaction score
Could someone please do a nandroid backup so i can flash back to stock and get the ball rolling?

2Ceedz

Reaction score
Just got one...

I just got my bro-in-law a RAZR...he's on day 2 w/it now. I was waiting to root/flash recovery for a definitive way to root/unroot safely. I see that it can be done, but was unsure if it was 100% yet or not. Also, am used to clockwork mod, so was waiting to see if they were going to release rom manager soon.

If the root/unroot and bootstrap are safe, i can and will do this for you, as I am wanting to put a rom on for him once a stable one is released. (Get rid of bloatware mainly).

Sorry for the delay, was just hoping that root/unroot and bootstrap got confirmed working, JIC i need 2 go back to completely stock for some reason w/no root.

**I see in the other thread you have this issue resolved, let me know if u still need me for anything. :) **

Last edited:

alexp1289

Reaction score
Currently the boot strap doesn't do Nandroids. Trying to make one from a system dump manually is a b!tch. Rom manager keeps telling me that my script is wrong I need edify script :-/.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

2Ceedz

Reaction score
OIC, been on a Droid for so long, not used to being locked down... LOL... I need to work on my terminolgy again i guess, and (always) some more research on the locked bootloader crap....
;-)

Im Here if/when u need me. :)

(Needless to say...leaning towards Nexus, but got a RAZR here JIC its ''better'' LOL)

Last edited:

alexp1289

Reaction score
If I can get a working update.zip that would be good because I need to make a safety net first.

alexp1289

Reaction score
If you haven't removed any apps please help me :D

Ok so all im asking is for one of you nice Razr users out there to do me a favor. I rooted mine and deleted a few apps i thought i didn't need and just my luck i removed one i needed so im getting force close issues. So if someone would be kind enough to install this boot strap (RazrBootstrap.apk) and backup their STOCK Razr that would be soooo helpful.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I just tried doing a restore of a backup using razr bootstrap and got a md5 check sum error, and it aborted the restore.

2Ceedz

Reaction score
Ill get one late tonight, so ill have posted at the latest in the early AM. He lost data for no good reason yesterday, so will be my 'excuse' to factory reset him (before i make your backup).

:)

alexp1289

Reaction score
Thank you sooo much. Use the boot strap that I posted because as far as I know I think there's 2 bootstraps running around and 1 doesn't do backups. And please test the backup before uploading it :)

2Ceedz

Reaction score
Thank you sooo much. Use the boot strap that I posted because as far as I know I think there's 2 bootstraps running around and 1 doesn't do backups. And please test the backup before uploading it :)

Most definently..will back his up first and reflash to make sure all is 100% before creating/testing the one for you. ;-)

2Ceedz

Reaction score
I just tried doing a restore of a backup using razr bootstrap and got a md5 check sum error, and it aborted the restore.

Did you use the bootstrap app from above? I will be testing that one later tonight.

alexp1289

Reaction score
If you use the bootstrap that I provided in this thread you won't have any issues.