1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nandroid backup?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by alexp1289, Nov 16, 2011.

1. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

Can someone help me locate a nandroid backup for the razr? I'd use my razr but im having some issues with it and need a backup (completely stock backup) to start rom development. Also if anyone would like to help me develop a rom just let me know im new to this so im gonna do my best to whip one up.
  2. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

Could someone please do a nandroid backup so i can flash back to stock and get the ball rolling?
  3. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Just got one...

I just got my bro-in-law a RAZR...he's on day 2 w/it now. I was waiting to root/flash recovery for a definitive way to root/unroot safely. I see that it can be done, but was unsure if it was 100% yet or not. Also, am used to clockwork mod, so was waiting to see if they were going to release rom manager soon.

If the root/unroot and bootstrap are safe, i can and will do this for you, as I am wanting to put a rom on for him once a stable one is released. (Get rid of bloatware mainly).

Sorry for the delay, was just hoping that root/unroot and bootstrap got confirmed working, JIC i need 2 go back to completely stock for some reason w/no root.

**I see in the other thread you have this issue resolved, let me know if u still need me for anything. :) **
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

Currently the boot strap doesn't do Nandroids. Trying to make one from a system dump manually is a b!tch. Rom manager keeps telling me that my script is wrong I need edify script :-/.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

OIC, been on a Droid for so long, not used to being locked down... LOL... I need to work on my terminolgy again i guess, and (always) some more research on the locked bootloader crap....
    ;-)

Im Here if/when u need me. :)

(Needless to say...leaning towards Nexus, but got a RAZR here JIC its ''better'' LOL)
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

If I can get a working update.zip that would be good because I need to make a safety net first.

7. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

If you haven't removed any apps please help me :D

Ok so all im asking is for one of you nice Razr users out there to do me a favor. I rooted mine and deleted a few apps i thought i didn't need and just my luck i removed one i needed so im getting force close issues. So if someone would be kind enough to install this boot strap (RazrBootstrap.apk) and backup their STOCK Razr that would be soooo helpful.
  8. Stevessvt

Stevessvt New Member

I just tried doing a restore of a backup using razr bootstrap and got a md5 check sum error, and it aborted the restore.
  9. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Ill get one late tonight, so ill have posted at the latest in the early AM. He lost data for no good reason yesterday, so will be my 'excuse' to factory reset him (before i make your backup).

:)
  10. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

Thank you sooo much. Use the boot strap that I posted because as far as I know I think there's 2 bootstraps running around and 1 doesn't do backups. And please test the backup before uploading it :)

11. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Most definently..will back his up first and reflash to make sure all is 100% before creating/testing the one for you. ;-)
  12. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Did you use the bootstrap app from above? I will be testing that one later tonight.
  13. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

If you use the bootstrap that I provided in this thread you won't have any issues.

14. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Sweet, just wanting to make sure. ;) Im on it once phone gets here.. :) Can you confirm that the unroot method works after rooting on the stickied thread? I saw the YouTube vid, just wondering if anyone here has accomplished unrooting... B)
  15. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

I heard z4root works for unrooting

16. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Call me paranoid, but the link in the other post goes to forums w/the last post 5 months ago.. (Unless im losing it and missed 20 pages or so)... I am going to XDA to do a little more research... i'd rather just ADB it if its not confirmed working... :) (Im used to SBF for THE Droid, and of course command lines dont scare me, LOL). :)

Dont really care about unrooting, unless phone loses data every day (so far it has).
  17. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

What link? The bootstrap link goes to mediafire.

18. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Oh no, sorry, not your bootstrap, have that now. :) Trust that, I meant just not the z4root yet.. until i do more research on it. :)
  19. Stevessvt

Stevessvt New Member

Unless there is more than one unofficial razrbootstrap floating around, that's the on I used. I used z4 to unroot my phone and it worked fine. Luckily all I did was do a factory format in bootstrap, after the backup didn't work I shut the phone off, restarted holding power/up/down and got in to factory recovery. Did a factory format and that went fine. Reinstalled superuser and z4. Ran z4 to unroot, took all of 2 seconds, then did another factory restore to erase anything root related. Going to wait until a sbf/fxz file is available.
  20. alexp1289

alexp1289 New Member

Still going to be able to do the backup right?

Search tags for this page
download nandroid for razr

droid razr nandroid

droid razr nandroid back up
how to do nandroid back up razr
how to nandroid backup droid razr
how to perform a nandroid backup on razr maxx
motorola razr nandroid
nanderoid droid razr

nandroid backup droid razr

nandroid backup on droid razr