Nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Beeper10, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Beeper10

Beeper10 New Member

My sd card is almost full, I imagine alot of space is taken up with nandroids. How do I delete some of the oldest ones to free up some space?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

You might want to reformat your card. Connect your phone and move a few of your nandroids to your computer, as well as any music/pics that you can't live without. Disconnect, format the SD card, and then move your nandroids, music, and pics back on. Apps put so much stuff on the SD card, and even if you delete the app, it leaves all of that info just sitting there... kind of like a full "recycle bin". Formatting will clear everything out. The apps you're using currently will put the files back on when started. Don't forget to make a new Titanium Back-Up of apps/data also b/c that stuff will be gone.

You are using at least a 16GB SD right? I've heard that some of the more recent DX purchases only included a 2GB. That's a complete waste of time IMO. If anything lesser than a 16GB, get yourself a bigger card.
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Look on the SD card in SD\clockwork\backup. They should be listed by date if you didnt rename them. You only need 1 working backup, so delete all but the latest.