Nandroid backup

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there much risk in going into recovery and making a backup then rebooting? I'm not flashing a rom or anything. I just wanted to make a backup. Maybe a dumb question but don't ask me why, I have some resistance to going into d2 bootstrap recovery. I know its standard but I keep thinking I'm gonna f up my droid

Sent from my rooted DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
don't worry about doing a backup. it doesn't affect your system, just backs it up. if something goes wrong you can just pull the battery and boot up like normal.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Is there much risk in going into recovery and making a backup then rebooting? I'm not flashing a rom or anything. I just wanted to make a backup. Maybe a dumb question but don't ask me why, I have some resistance to going into d2 bootstrap recovery. I know its standard but I keep thinking I'm gonna f up my droid

One of the primary reasons for 'rooting' your phone is to be able to make a backup of your phones system just in case something goes wrong with either a upgrade that Verizon posts or that you do yourself.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So if I by chance mess something up in clockwork I can just pull the battery and it will boot up as normal?