Nandroid Backup

bmr7c

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to step by step instructions on doing a nandroid backup? Also how do I know which sbf I need to download? I'm a noob so please bear with me. Trying to get everything I need to install 928bgx theme.

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks. I thought I had to make a backup file on my computer before I installed the 928bgx? The bootstrap is the only backup I need in case I really screw up my phone installing a custom theme?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just make sure to keep Your backup on the root of your card so you can find it if necessary.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Did they remove Koush’s Droid X Bootstrap from Market.I swear i can't find it. Ok found it.. ;)

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just typed in bootstrap and it took me right there. Use search and make sure it's the one for your phone, DX or D2.

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Thanks chkmate! I ran the program trying to get the nandroid folder on my phone but it didnt work. I have a folder called clockworkmod that was created with another backup folder inside that contains my backup. Did i do something wrong. Needless to say when i run RomManager to load up the SmokedGlass ROM it doesn't see it.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Alternatively there's a link in my signature. You may want to check it out as I go into more detail about the other options in the clockworkmod recovery. For example, don't format /system from mounts and storage or you'll brick your dx

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Ok I think my problem is that I'm not putting my backup on the root. What exactly do you mean by this term?

maderschramm

Reaction score
backup on the root? I never said that, but usually "root" refers to the root of the sdcard. root means top layer. so "/sdcard" as opposed to "/sdcard/backups"

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Thanks maderschramm.. I just read your Backup tuitorial just to get the hang of it a little better and it was very helpful. Chkmate was mentioning make sure the backup is placed on the root a few lines earlier. I loaded up black glass on my phone but no program can see that its there. So I was thinking that may be why. I'm trying to get to the level of loading up a custom rom now that i think i have the backing up part down pretty good. Any suggestions of a good Rom?

maderschramm

Reaction score
Apex is pretty user friendly and keeps a lot of the social blur so there are fewer problems such as facebook photos/contacts not syncing etc. Rubix is a pure speed machine but isn't quite as user-friendly. I'd start with Apex. I used it for awhile. It's pretty simple to install the rom if you follow the instructions; however, if you feel like waiting (an undetermined amount of time) I'm going to write a comprehensive ROM install tutorial.

I'd just dive in, don't hold your breath on me ;)

OP
B

bmr7c

Reaction score
Sorry. I meant I want putting the zip o on the

killa_beatz

Reaction score
So I should put the zip file on the root and unzip it there using the file manager?