nandroid backup won't work...hangs. Is there a way to reinstall?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TheCleaner, Feb 23, 2010.

1. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    my nandroid backup worked the first time (I used DroidMod 1.0) but ever since then it just hangs on either a simple or advanced backup. I have 6GB of free space on my SD card and the first time it took a nandroid backup it was only 227MB.

Is there a way to reinstall this or fix it?

2. mach330

mach330 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    are you using droidmod to do nandroid backup or sprecovery to do it yourself? Also, in your "nandriod" directory in your sd card where the backup files are created, how many do you have in there? i never had problems with my nandroid backup (i use sprecovery to do it myself), but i had problems yesterday. I started deleting some of my old backup directories (I had about 10 or so). After that it worked. Not sure if there's a limitation on how many backup directories you can have.

3. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I am booting to the recovery image at this point. I've already installed Buggy Beast 1.1 on top of DroidMod. That part works fine (update.zip). So I guess you can say it's sprecovery...right?

I show one folder called "preinstall-BDS-20100223-1626" with 4 files in it. boot.img, data.tar, nandroid.md5, and system.tar.

Search tags for this page
my nandroid backup is not zipped and wont work
nandriod backup wont boot on s4 with knoxs
nandroid wont work
nandroid+backup hangs
twrp backup not working
why wont my nandroid backups work

x2 nandroid hangs at backup