1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

nandroid backup question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by yamaha83, Mar 16, 2010.

1. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

ok so im wanting to o to ultimate droid 7.8. is there a way to get all my texts moved over to the new ROM after a wipe with a nandroid back up? as well as things like info from my notes, saved songs in shazam... i know all this info is saved cuz when i go back to my old saves its all there... but when i tried to do and advanced restore of just the data, i got stuck in a boot loop... any help would be great!

oh and im coming from sholes smoked glass if thats a need to know...
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You are going to need a 3rd party app to backup the data. The reason for this is because you are coming from a 2.01 rom to a 2.1 rom. They are not compatible with each other.
  3. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

ah... that makes sense... any suggestions on what app would work? free is better obviously... lol i have astro for my apps... but when i used that it didnt save the info within the app like the songs from shazam and notes and stuff... just the app itself...
  4. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

I use a combo of titanium backup and mybackup pro to retain ALL of my data.

Titanium works best for restoring apps and auto installing them with data, the I use autobackup pro to backup/restore my call log, sms, and mms(it can be setup to do more but combined with titanium this is sufficient)

On top of that I have mybackup pro to backup call log, sms, and mms, everyday at 3am so I always automatically have the latest.

Both are worth every penny.(titanium does have a free version too)

These are what I prefer but if you search the forum you'll find that there are other options all with different pros and cons.
  5. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

im giving titanium a try... i think i found the item to select in order to save texts and stuff... will see if this works even though im going from a 2.0.1 ROM to a 2.1 Rom...
  6. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

backing up my bookmarks worked... but not my SMS and stuff...? not sure why... ckicked the option to backup SMS/MMS/APN1... but when i restore it doesnt work...
  7. Keramidas

Keramidas New Member

Hi,

It works, but you need to reboot after restoring your SMS/MMS/APN's.
Search tags for this page
changed phone need to restore shazam tags

shazam backup forum tag

titanium backup mms order