nandroid backup (or rather restore) on moto droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jpeanes, Nov 10, 2010.

1. jpeanes

jpeanes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    moto droid with SirPsychoS's patched recovery boot or whatever the correct term is, i've made 2 nandroid backups (simple nandroid backup) since my phone has been rooted in the last few weeks. im switching over to a warranty replacement moto droid, got root with motocache1's method, if i simple nandroid restore it should go to the most recent backup (i assume because there is a (latest) beside the command), but it didnt go to my latest backup. when i go to advanced nandroid restore, then choose backup, it gives me 4 choices:

BDS-20101108-0620
    BDS-20301108-0758
    BDS-20101109-1839
    BDS-20101109-2027

I assume that mesns

(???)-(year/month/day)-(time)

but ive only made 2 nandroid backups. i want to restore to the latest one, do i just 'simple nandroid restore (latest)' or choose one of the advanced options?

im super noobtubeing right now, any info is greatly appreciated!

ps-if it matters im running stock rom, chevyno1's 2.6.32-medV-1.1Ghz kernel, and angry birds without the 3-star eggs unlocked (just kidding). thanks!
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Simple nandroid restore "latest" is what you are looking for :)

Sent from my Droid
  3. jpeanes

jpeanes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. one more question, i am attempting to unroot (?) my phone to sent it back to verison b/c i got a warrenty replacement, i wiped my phone through SPRecovery and through the privacy settings to factory, everyting looked good as new except my superuser permission app is still there, in the app bin. it wont let me uninstall it with via the settings\applications\manage way. how should i go about removing it, and since that is still there does that mean the su and busybox are still there? i imagine ill have to remove all of this pre-mail back or they might charge me the full retail or whatever.
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    You are going to have to flash the SBF back to stock using RSD Lite -

Sent from my Droid
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93