1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

nandroid backup is not working? BD 8.6.3

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by yamaha83, Mar 30, 2010.

1. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

i was getting ready to do some playing around with a theme so like i should, i did a nandroid backup using clockwork. when the phone reboot i started having major issues? i have done a backup before and everything worked out right so i know its not that. but when i first reboot i was getting a helixlauncher FC and coulnt do anything. had to do a battery pull and tried to reboot, same thing. so i loaded the backup i had just created and now i dont get the helix FC but now i have a bunch of missing apps. i tried to redownload them through titanium, my backup pro, and the market... with no luck... so i decided to go to an older nandroid backup i had created the day before and same thing!? missing apps and cant load them to save my life? what could have gone wrong? and what can i do to fix it? do i need to do a data wipe before running restoring a backup? could that be the issue? could i fix it if i flash a new ROM? im nervouse to do to much trying to fix it since the nandroid backups dont seem to be working?
  2. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

just tried to reload the BD ROM and now rom managaer is giving me "an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands"??
  3. hobby31

hobby31 Member

I've also had problems with backups using clockwork. I backed up blackdroids Ultimate 8.6.3 and when i restored I had 7-8 apps that were missing. When I tried to reinstall I would get error messages stating that the app was already installed and when I tried titanium restore it would only say "application was not installed" with no reason why. I wont use clockwork to backup and restore any more. I just flash back into sprecovery then backup and reflash to clockwork to use its rom features. I don't know why this happened but it was really aggravating as I had to re set up the ultimate 8.6.3 again and start over. Thank the dev for titanium backup.
  4. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

so reflashing the ROM worked for you? ROM mangaer wont even let me do it... so im trying to boot into recovery and do it that way but getting some issues... i dont see how creatinf a backup can cause such problems? and did you have to do a data wipe or anything?
  5. Droidee

Droidee New Member

I had the same problem. Now the Rom manager premium which I purchased yesterday is gone and rom manager won't let me do anything. Afraid I may have go back to stock and start over again.
  6. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Missing apps can be fixed by using fix permissions. Swithcing between ROMs, modifying /system, and other such things often mess up the packages.xml.
  7. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

when i click fix permisions i get "an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands" and wont let me do it. it also tells me there is a new version of clockwork and when i click to install i get FC... i did factory reset and wiped everything and now when i use backup pro i got everything back but now my facebook wont sync when it was before messing up... and my ROM manager still wont work...
  8. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

shouldnt going back to a nandroid backup be able to fix any issues though? i thought that was the reason for doing a backup?
  9. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

See if you can run su from a Terminal Emulator. You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling ROM Manager. What ROM are you on?
  10. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

im on 8.6.3. i cant get ROM manager to work, i see an update in the market and i was hoping that would fix it... but every time i try to download something from the market the market gets a FC... i try and uninstall ROM Manager from from the market and is gives me a server error and wont let me do it... i have no idea what went wrong and i even did a clean install of 8.6.3 from a update.zip after a factory reset?
  11. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

also i have never used terminal emulator except once to remove the amazon mp3 app... so not really sure what to do with that?
  12. Droidee

Droidee New Member

I thought it was just me. I am suffering the same problem. Don't know what to do next. Trying to find out how to go back to stock. I don't have any idea what to. Noob that loaded 8.6.3 via rom manager premium and now even that disappeared. What to do?
  13. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

i tried getting rid of all my data, then reload the ROM, then use my backup pro to reinstall all my apps and data from one of my scheduled daily backups. but when i reboot after installing all my apps i get a constant FC for the helix launcher and cant do anything... i dont know if its an app thats causing this or what? im hoping that i can get it working good enoug until BD9.0 comes out soon and hoping that takes care of all the problems im having... it just sucks cuz everything was running smooth as could be until i did a nandroid backup with clockwork... then when it i rebooted the phone it was all down hill and i have spent the rest of my day trying to get it back to where i was...
  14. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

i dont know what to do at this point... i thought i had everything back to normal...all my apps are back... all my data... but ROM manager is still not working and i still cant download anything from the market without the market FCing...
  15. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 New Member

there is a marketfix2.zip on options repository in 8.6.3 thread.
    download that and install.
    that should fix the market FC.
    Index of /droid/options
  16. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 New Member

try doing the update.zip method.
    go to the first post of the thread for UD 8.6.3 and install update.zip
  17. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

i did that and had the same issues... i didnt see the market fix before. i didnt think i would need it since i didnt need it before... but something must have changed when i ran my nandroid back up? i have it running pretty stable at the moment with my ROM manager woking and the market. so i think im going to stick with where im at untill 9.0 comes out! i just ended up having to use root explorer to find all the apps i was missing and manually uninstall them. for some reason they where there. they where just not getting fully installed and pulled over into the app drawer. once i manually uninstalled them i was able to reinstall them from my SD card or the market...
Search tags for this page

android how to backup nandroid bd