nandroid back up help please

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
alright, i have CW and bootstrap installed. i opened up Rom Manager and hit back up current rom. it booted and nothing special happened. i went in and hit rom manager again to open it and i got 3 options. backup broken, back up *something, and other.
...so its not working is it?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re-run Boostrap in Droid 2 Bootstrap, then use the option in Droid 2 Boostrap to launch recovery, then do your backup from there.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
I DL droid2bootstrap online and transferred it to my phone. I have the files in my file manager but nothing in menu of apps. Isit not installed fully? I don't see a way to run it is what im getting at. This is really starting to get to me. I've gone through and checked the files in bootstrap. Nothing seems to run it. When I reboot, its a normal boot every time. Rom manager starts and then reboots my phone but nothing happens. If I go back to rom manager app and open again after it boots, that's when I see the options that it didn't work.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
i got bootstrap from here for free. i wanted to make sure it works before i donate. My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)
lookin at those instructions, i see nothing on my phone that looks like those pictures. nothing anywhere that lets me fun bootstrap. is there a file in the bootstrap folder i tap on to run it or install it once ive transfered it to my phone?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to actually install it after downloading the bootstrat "apk" file to your phone...this is similar to Windows, after downloading a program to your phone you have to install it to use it!

Tap on the bootstrap APK file and select the option to install it, then open your app tray and find the Droid 2 Bootstrap program and run it per instructions above....

Easiest is to install Astro file manager from the market, and then open Astro and go to your "Downloads" folder (which is where the bootstrap APK file should be if you downloaded it via your browser on your phone) then tap on the apk and select the option to install it (not the "Browse" option).

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can get the app from the market, I can assure you it works, but you have 24 hrs so if it does not work just get a refund.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
alright. i went in and deleted all the files i transfered via my pc. i borrowed a credit card and got the app of market. everything went well now. now, i think i should transfer the backup to my pc but if i plug in i cant view the all the files on my sd card. and yes, i have show all hidden files checked.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are trying to back up but your nandroid backup is in clockword mof folder backup subfolder.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
just figured it was a smart move incase something happens to the sd card. i know where it is. found it on the phone. just wondering why i cant see all the folders on my pc. with wm when i clicked show all hidden files, everything showed. its not doing that here...oh well. now i can theme with blackglass x...which is what ive wanted to do for the last few days now...thx for the help guys.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you connect your phone to your computer a prompt appears in your notification pull down, saying "USB Connected"...tap on that and select the option to connect the phone in USB Drive mode (I forget the exact wording).

That will create a drive letter in My Computer that will represent your SD card...the file is then in the clockwork/backup folder and you can copy it over to your PC - and that is indeed a good idea. :)

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
OH YA... duh...i knew that. thx again.
like i said, still gettin an idea of android works. im doin a lot of reading. i really dont know how much 2.2 differs from 2.1 and from phone to phone.
im gettin there though