Nand unlocked

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just a heads up to all the incredible owners. Nand has been unlocked on one phone. There is still work to be done to polish it up but it has been cracked. Now we can rub it in the Droid X owners faces.. :p j/k

And now the proof

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

I did not crack this and take no credit. The Unrevoked team has done it again. I'm just someone who pays to much time in IRC and enjoys learning as much as I can about these devices.

And for the newbs, nand unlocked means a complete root. no more access to /system through recovery only. I/E you can move stuff freely with root explorer like on the original Droid. I must again say there is still work to be done on this, so please be patient.

Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
EDIT: sorry i just read another one of your posts, i got it now

[video=youtube;Fo15tMiENDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo15tMiENDI[/video]

but this method has always worked right?

Last edited:

snjfinances

Reaction score
And for the newbs, nand unlocked means a complete root. no more access to /system through recovery only. I/E you can move stuff freely with root explorer like on the original Droid. I must again say there is still work to be done on this, so please be patient.

I have the original Droid, but I only have access to /system through recovery only. I need help!! How can I unlock nand on my original Motorola Droid? I have tried using Terminal Emulator, but after gaining su permissions my access to /system is denied as usual. I cannot update busybox or use root explorer or ANYTHING that needs /system/. Everything gains su permissions, and most root apps work flawlessly, but I cannot gain access to /system. Please help!

Thank you so very much in advance!!

Best,
SNJ