WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droid @ Global dev team / GET~R~DONE ROM

rusty815

Reaction score
I say we stick with a basic name like get r done rom, and give every version a new name, like android and its names for different versions.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I say we stick with a basic name like get r done rom, and give every version a new name, like android and its names for different versions.

+1^^^^ to what Rusty say, that is a very good idea to give every version a new name!!

• Also if you want you can name it 'GRD evolution' since it is something we all have been waiting for so long!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

CyZeeK

Reaction score
Dunno but may be ultimate or evolution are names for a sequel. What about GET~RD1.

it's just an idea.

Reaction score
Yea, GRD sounds nice and then every new version call it GRD but add something new to the end like GRD Evolution, like one guy sugested and then the next release call it GRD Xenomoprh, or something like that, not saying to actually call it xenomorph, but just giving it as an example. I really like the idea of adding something different to the end of GRD, evey new release. I wish this woulda came out before I decided to trade my D2G in for a DX, but at least my GF still has a D2G so I will still get to flash it to her phone...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, GRD sounds nice and then every new version call it GRD but add something new to the end like GRD Evolution, like one guy sugested and then the next release call it GRD Xenomoprh, or something like that, not saying to actually call it xenomorph, but just giving it as an example. I really like the idea of adding something different to the end of GRD, evey new release. I wish this woulda came out before I decided to trade my D2G in for a DX, but at least my GF still has a D2G so I will still get to flash it to her phone...

+1 I would say maybe go from A and do like they did with android, follow a theme. Something other than desserts though....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Reaction score

+1 I would say maybe go from A and do like they did with android, follow a theme. Something other than desserts though....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Exactly! I do love that Google named their OS releases after desserts, its hella funny.....anyways, I really like the idea of GRD Evolution, I keep repeating it in my head and it has a nice ring to it, and then you can go with a theme of like evolution and/or genetics. Xenomorph for the win hahaa....sorry, just got done playing some Dead Space on my 360, so I got the word "Xenomorphs" stuck in my head

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Last edited:

jt1359

Reaction score
If you do that you'd probably want to make it into some kind of a theme like google using desserts, otherwise the names will start to sound stupid when you run out of ideas. Also, the letter Q will most likely create a problem lol

jt1359

Reaction score
If you do decide to stay simple, I kind of like "Revolution" since this ROM may revolutionize the D2G or "Defiance" since you defied Moto trying to shut you down.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Get r done has the hick redneck feel since made famous by larry the cable guy. I have some rom names ready to go sticking to this theme. Also have an android logo to go with. Stay tuned. It hopefully wont be too much longer till we have this out to you