Name that App, asks the Rescue Squad

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Many of you have posted questions here. Many others have answered your questions, including the Rescue Squad. The RS has decided to ask some questions of its own...and turn it into a contest.

First, lets see what we have for prizes, then lets see the rules.

2 prizes in alphabetical order:

ezeStand - ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

ezeStand is a versatile desktop holder for your Smart Phone or Personal Media Player device. It holds all of the latest Touch Screen devices including Motorola Droid & Milestone, iPhone 3G/3GS, Google Nexus One, Blackberry Storm, Palm Pre, iPod Touch, and many more.

ezeStand holds your Touch Screen device at a comfortable viewing angle in either horizontal/landscape or vertical/portrait orientation and it will hold your phone even if you have an aftermarket cover or jacket.

ezeStand will also activate the Multimedia Station mode on your Motorola Droid & Milestone and has room to plug in the micro USB charging cable!

Vendor contact: ezeStand

profilepic38522_2.gif
MIKRADLES - MIKRADLE - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

MIKRADLE has introduced the latest concept in an Ultimate Docking Experience - The MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series. Gone is the word “proprietary” from the MIKRADLE vocabulary. We’ve taken the steps necessary to move into a new realm of possibilities - our goal was to provide a product that could evolve with your smartphone experiences. It is designed to move with you as you continue to take advantage of newer phones and updated systems. It has no restrictions, and can hold a phone in both horizontal or vertical positions.

The totally open design allows for unlimited possibilities with cable port locations. Whether your cables exit top, bottom, left or right -
MIKRADLE EVOLUTION provides for the ease of a connection that has no limitations. Obviously, the sides and top of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION are open, and the bold steel rods that support your phone are removable - should you find one or more may impede your connecting cable.

Color choices are offered in a wide variety of choices - black, white, cherry, mahogany, oak and walnut. Custom colors are also available. A commercial grade felt backing is installed to ensure no scratches or damages may incur.

As delivered, we have included a featured inlay strip, a wide plate of solid brushed aluminum. Options include other metals, such as brass, stainless steel, polished aluminum, etc. Other colors and materials such as fabrics, wood veneers, bamboo, etc. will be offered, as well as personal engraving.

MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series. A contemporary appearance, a functional purpose and a solid winner!

Vendor contact: Cuskit
EVOLUTIONFace.jpg

EVOLUTIONRightPhone.jpg

Ok we know you'd like to win one of these fine accessories to rest your phone in so onto the contest rules.

1. Sunday afternoon (May 23rd) at 1pm EST a post in this thread will ask a question. the topmost item will be given away to the first person who Names that App correctly.
  2. Sunday afternoon (also May 23rd) at 3pm EST another post in this thread will ask a question. The other item will be given away to the first person who Names that App correctly.
  3. Each "Name that App" will have a series of clues followed by a link to post your guess.
    1. Prior to the start of play a countdown will occur in this thread every 15 seconds for 2 minutes.
    2. Respondents will have 30-60 seconds to respond to each new posted clue. After that the answer thread will be closed and checked for a winner.
    3. The first member to post the app's correct name wins a prize.
    4. one post per clue per member. Post twice and none of your posts count.
    5. Spelling counts.
    6. Sorry, admins and mods can not play.

If you like this concept, bump this thread to keep it it visible. The two above vendors, who also happen to be supporting DF vendors, are sponsoring this contest and would love the visibility. Other vendors may be encourages to donate to a future round of "Name that App" giving more folks a chance to win a cool app or accessory for your phone. While The RS team will bump it a few times during the day. You all doing so shows your support, thanks!

Anyone vendor or developer wishing to participate in a future similar giveaway can feel free to PM me with the item you'd like to donate.

Please show your support for our current sponsors!

Last edited:
OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sample round

clue 1 - Sponsored by <vendername/product>: no paid version in the market exists for this app. (answers accepted for next 30 seconds) click here to post guess

30 seconds pass and the thread gets locked so. Posts reviewed for a winner. No winner found

clue 2 - Sponsored by <vendername/product>: this app reports something to you (answers accepted for next 60 seconds) click here to post guess

60 seconds pass and the thread gets locked. Posts reviewed for a winner. No winner found.

clue 3 - Sponsored by <vendername/product>: this app scans sounds (answers accepted for next 30 seconds) click here to post guess

60 seconds pass and the thread gets locked. Posts reviewed for a winner. No winner found.

clue 4 - Sponsored by <vendername/product>: similar to this game Name that App, this app plays Name that Tune...and usually wins. (answers accepted for next 30 seconds) click here to post guess

30 seconds pass and the thread gets locked. Posts reviewed for a winner. No winner found

clue 5: Final Clue - Sponsored by <vendername/product>: This app can be found in the market by searching for Shazam. (first correct posting of the app name wins) click here to post guess

First person to post "Shazam" = We have a winner!

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah. Nice stands

They are nice. If you win where is yours going? Bedroom, living room?

bedroom until I find work. Then the office! What about you?

Ha, I don't get to win:)

When I got the phone my work paid for the car and home dock, so the home dock sits in front of the table the TV rests upon. Either one of the above docks would look great in that location.

Mike..check your pm ;)

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bumptity bump. 4 more days!

Last edited:
OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bump! Getting closer all the time!

2 great prizes in this giveaway!

cuskit

Reaction score
Allthough im not allowed to play, i LOVE IT!!!

Great idea!

Thanks.

Only 10 more days and we'll see how well folks know their apps!

Hey! Not fair! I wanted to play also! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Seriously - I can honestly say that were it not for droidforums.net - I'd probably know less than 10% of what I do know about my Droid phone as well as the Android system and related apps! Which is why I feel obligated to donate my products as prizes for anything that helps promote this site, it's wonderful membership and the very professional and knowledgeable staff! :) mikey

Last edited by a moderator: