Name announce caller id through bluetooth

JRParsons

Reaction score
Bought Enhanced SMS and Caller Id just now. It worked on my thunderbolt with a pair of Back Beat Headphones "call from home" pause "call from home".

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!! You are awesome!! Bless you and yours!!! I really hope it works with the DB??? Thanks again for your help!!!

69copo

Reaction score
Mine did it automatically when I connected my Droid Command One.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
You need to be sure that the BT will work in A2DP for the media transfer. If not it will just beep when a call comes in. Buy the Command One. Its expensive but worth it. You don't need to buy an app either the Pico app that's factory installed handles everything just fine. Save your money for a quality BT.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Cindy62707

Reaction score
On the X that only sets the device to announce the caller on the device, the OP wants it done in the bluetooth headset.

same problem here. My Jawbone used to announce the number in my ear while the phone itself was just ringing. Then yesterday, my bluetooth just rings in my ear when a call comes in...no phone number announcement. My phone was always set to ring only and the bluetooth would announce the number in my with this. I don't want the phone to announce to the world the number that is calling me. How do I get my original way back? Thank you,

JRParsons

Reaction score
same problem here. My Jawbone used to announce the number in my ear while the phone itself was just ringing. Then yesterday, my bluetooth just rings in my ear when a call comes in...no phone number announcement. My phone was always set to ring only and the bluetooth would announce the number in my with this. I don't want the phone to announce to the world the number that is calling me. How do I get my original way back? Thank you,

Like I posted earlier in the thread, Enhanced SMS and Caller I'd from the market will do what you want I think. I have been using it for a few weeks, and it works well. There are settings in it that allow you to specify where you want the sound to go. (Provided your Bluetooth device is A2DP compatible)

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
does this announce caller ID all the time or only when hooked up to the bluetooth ?

JRParsons

Reaction score
does this announce caller ID all the time or only when hooked up to the bluetooth ?

There's an option for that. I haven't used that setting so I can't speak to how well that feature works. The app costs 2.75 but I've found it to be real solid.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Like I posted earlier in the thread, Enhanced SMS and Caller I'd from the market will do what you want I think. I have been using it for a few weeks, and it works well. There are settings in it that allow you to specify where you want the sound to go. (Provided your Bluetooth device is A2DP compatible)

It doesn't work with every a2dp headset. It doesn't work on either of my plantronics headsets. The m1100 talks when a call comes in asking if I want to answer or ignore, the app can't override it. The voyager pro plays a tone and the app doesn't override that either.

Last edited:

JRParsons

Reaction score
I was unaware of that, I has worked for me on a Q2, backbeats, Cardo Scala g4, and a Blueant f4. The q2 also asks to answer or ignore, and I hear both. The backbeats have a tone and I know it worked, but I can't remember if I also heard the tone.