Name announce caller id through bluetooth

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello all!! This is my first post but I'm sure not my last!! I was just wondering about the best name announce android app for the DC?? I have a Sena SMH10, I will be doing a lot of riding and I'm trying to find the best HANDS-FREE app with name announce and that will say "answer or ignore"?? Now I got that last part from blueant Q2. I love how it will say that whenever I get a call!!!Now, I had the EVO but got tired of the bad reception and not get all of my calls when it rang!!! I know ecid (Enhanced Caller Id), worked flawlessly on it thought!! I don't care if it cost, as long as it works without fail and like a champ!! Does anyone have any suggestions??Thank you for your timely response

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
<em>Hello!!! I've been waiting for someone to help me with this and was wondering if I was at the correct site for droid charge!! Does anyone know what app that has name announce caller id that will work with a bluetooth headset, but NOT got through the speaker as well?? I used the the ecid (enhanced caller id) from the droid market on my evo with great success, but got tired of losing signals and when I would call my wife on her evo, she wouldn't answer. That almost caused a divorce!! So, now I'm lookin for either droid charge or droid x!! I've been leaning toward the droid charge for a while now!! I hope someone can give me some feedback ASAP!!!?? Thank you for your timely response!!dancedroid

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i used to use "moto speak", i would assume you need a supporting device. i think you could select where it announces but i cant swear to it.
i dont have it installed now and cant check it out for you, sorry

RJSH_1727

Reaction score
I use Talking Caller ID. I have the Pro version. U can try the regular version and test it out thru ya BT! :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello. I was just wondering if the DB, has name announce caller id stock?? Thank you for your timely response

them0nk

Reaction score
not that i have found... and this i think depends on the BT device... i've never got any of mine to do it... but i haven't really tried that hard.

B-RAN

Reaction score
Settings>Call Settings>Caller ID Readout
You can select Ring Only, Caller ID then Ring or Caller ID Repeat
Hope this helps.

them0nk

Reaction score
Sweet learned something new today

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello_Ok, so I what you just said with work with the DB?? I only ask,because I see you own a DX. No disrespect intended.

pool_shark

Reaction score
On the X that only sets the device to announce the caller on the device, the OP wants it done in the bluetooth headset.

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello.So are you saying that the DB, can not do the name announce caller id through bluetooth and the DB does not have the same set up in the x as far as the setting to name announce custom setting??

JRParsons

Reaction score
Try Enhanced SMS and Caller I'd from the market. It says it works on A2DP headsets. I haven't used it so I can't say how good it is. $2.75, I'm going to try it. The reviews look good.

OP
B

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello. See, I've got a Sena smh10 headset and this worked REALLY well with that very app on my EVO!!!I'm just hoping it will work on the DB??